The Student Room Group

aqa gcse 2014 sociology revision notes

Hi everyone

how are you revising the sociology exams?

can you please give share with me your revision notes

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by happy11
Hi everyone

how are you revising the sociology exams?

can you please give share with me your revision notes

thanks

Hi,
I am using a collins revision guide to revise in this exam, which i find is quite useful and gives a good overview of the whole specification, also i think it is one of most updated sociology revision guides available. Generally speaking, i type out notes, read them over, highlight, then simplify them as much as i can... I will make some revision notes on sampling and research methods for studying society so make sure to keep a look out. I wish you the best of luck in your exam... What are you predicted?
Reply 2
thank you
i am predicted an A/B
Reply 3
Original post by ezgi_18
hi,
i am using a collins revision guide to revise in this exam, which i find is quite useful and gives a good overview of the whole specification, also i think it is one of most updated sociology revision guides available. Generally speaking, i type out notes, read them over, highlight, then simplify them as much as i can... I will make some revision notes on sampling and research methods for studying society so make sure to keep a look out. I wish you the best of luck in your exam... What are you predicted?

good luck with ur exam and i also have the collins book and think its a good book
Reply 4
Original post by happy11
thank you
i am predicted an A/B

kk good luck, r u doing soc for a level
Reply 5
no i am sadly not but i am still kind of thinking about it
Reply 6
When I did the gcse last year I just wrote a list of all the key terms (e.g. things like 'beanpole family', 'monogamy', 'overt non-participant observation') and made sure I knew the definition by getting someone in my family to test me. I also made sure I had basic knowledge of Functionalism, Feminism, Marxism and the New Right and wrote a few 12 mark essays to get my technique right. I would share my notes with you but I handwrote them instead of typing and I have no idea where they are now... Good luck with the exam :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Toriar
When I did the gcse last year I just wrote a list of all the key terms (e.g. things like 'beanpole family', 'monogamy', 'overt non-participant observation') and made sure I knew the definition by getting someone in my family to test me. I also made sure I had basic knowledge of Functionalism, Feminism, Marxism and the New Right and wrote a few 12 mark essays to get my technique right. I would share my notes with you but I handwrote them instead of typing and I have no idea where they are now... Good luck with the exam :smile:

thanks for your reply

i am just going over the colins sociology book and making notes
Reply 8
Original post by happy11
thanks for your reply

i am just going over the colins sociology book and making notes

Oh that should be fine :smile: , I didn't even buy a revision guide lol oops
Reply 9
Original post by Toriar
Oh that should be fine :smile: , I didn't even buy a revision guide lol oops

if don't mind me asking what grade did you get ?
Reply 10
Original post by happy11
if don't mind me asking what grade did you get ?

That's fine :smile: I got an A*
Reply 11
you must have worked hard

well done

Quick Reply

Latest