The Student Room Group

I want my ex back so so so so much

Hasn't messaged in two months. Ended because he felt I didn't love him. Then we had a massive argument and since then no contact. I think he's moved on. He's had a new job and new friends whilst I dream about him every second of my life. Consumed by regret and guilt and what ifs and should haves. It's the worst pain I have ever experienced. I wake up panicking, I have nightmares most nights and I lie alone dreaming of the days we were together not knowing if I will ever get him back again. I want to know if he still cares, if he is thinking the same but I don't and probably never will. I feel so alone.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Help?
Reply 2
Contact him and tell him the time apart has made you realise how you feel etc.

If he doesn't feel the same then you will need to move on.
you probably pissed him off. Should apologize instead of arguing lol.
Reply 4
Original post by az08

This.

Rather contact him knowing that you made your feelings known than live your life regretting not doing so.
Reply 5
Original post by az08

Original post by Swanbow
This.

Rather contact him knowing that you made your feelings known than live your life regretting not doing so.

But what if he's moved on? The pain of rejection is going to be 1000 times worse than the pain of not knowing.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
But what if he's moved on? The pain of rejection is going to be 1000 times worse than the pain of not knowing.

Trust me. The pain of rejection will go away with time, the pain of not knowing won't.
Reply 7
Original post by Swanbow
Trust me. The pain of rejection will go away with time, the pain of not knowing won't.

I just want him to like me back and to go back to old times :frown: yeah I guess you're right. I don't know how I'm going to get enough courage to message him and risk making an absolute fool of myself but this is absolute torture.
Reply 8
Original post by ChickenMadness
you probably pissed him off. Should apologize instead of arguing lol.

He started it actually :tongue:
Novel idea - Call him right now, just do it.

No, don't complain or dither, just call him.
Original post by elpistolero7
Novel idea - Call him right now, just do it.

No, don't complain or dither, just call him.

Well the reason I'm hesitating (apart from the fear of rejection) was that he texted me 2 months ago to ask for his stuff back and I replied saying he could get it whenever and he just never got back to me. So in my heart I know it's over otherwise why would e not bother to reply after so long. I just don't get him. Anyway thank you for the reply, all your replies are making me feel a bit better.
Well the reason I'm hesitating (apart from the fear of rejection) was that he texted me 2 months ago to ask for his stuff back and I replied saying he could get it whenever and he just never got back to me. So in my heart I know it's over otherwise why would e not bother to reply after so long. I just don't get him. Anyway thank you for the reply, all your replies are making me feel a bit better.

Not like you have anything to lose if you call him...at least you get 100% conformation that he's not interested...or the other scenario is that he may just be? Why go through the heartache of wondering "what if"...
Original post by elpistolero7
Not like you have anything to lose if you call him...at least you get 100% conformation that he's not interested...or the other scenario is that he may just be? Why go through the heartache of wondering "what if"...

My pride for one. But yes the what if scenario is actually killing me slowly inside because one minute I have hope that he is thinking of me too, the next I get this sick horrible realisation that perhaps I haven't crossed his mind once and that he may be holding someone else in bed right now as I type this. I guess I will have to do it but I'm paralysed by fear.
I just want him to like me back and to go back to old times :frown: yeah I guess you're right. I don't know how I'm going to get enough courage to message him and risk making an absolute fool of myself but this is absolute torture.

Sometimes old times can't be brought back :frown: But I commend you for your courage, let me know how it goes I wish you the best of luck and regardless of what he says at least you'll have your answer :smile:
Original post by Swanbow
Sometimes old times can't be brought back :frown: But I commend you for your courage, let me know how it goes I wish you the best of luck and regardless of what he says at least you'll have your answer :smile:

Gosh how many hours did you sleep? That's sad :frown: but thank you.
Call him, tell him how you feel and then post OP.

But don't expect him to not have a new gf
Another thing I'd like to add is that many human beings have absolutely NOTHING and yet, they are happy. You have everything, yet you're not. Your pride and the fact that you might "make a fool of" yourself are of overwhelming concern....

lol. Look at the bigger picture. Life is short, go for it!
He started it actually :tongue:

well he's gone now and you're the one who wants him back lol
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
Another thing I'd like to add is that many human beings have absolutely NOTHING and yet, they are happy. You have everything, yet you're not. Your pride and the fact that you might "make a fool of" yourself are of overwhelming concern....

lol. Look at the bigger picture. Life is short, go for it!

Have you never been through a break up?
Have you never been through a break up?
No, I'm an inexperienced idiot spewing nonsense

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending