Why would anyone seriously vote for UKIP? Watch

pnorm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
One of their friggin MP's blamed the rain on gay people. Why would you even waste your vote?? They're just an immature party full of old men who have been brought up by millionaires.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pnorm)
One of their friggin MP's blamed the rain on gay people. Why would you even waste your vote?? They're just an immature party full of old men who have been brought up by millionaires.
Wrong. A UKIP councillor blamed gay marriage for the floods. UKIP have no MPs.

Do you have any evidence that they are full of old men who have been brought up by millionaires?

If not: stop spreading misinformation!

This forum really needs a UKIP megathread. Like 5 new threads get made everyday.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Wrong. A UKIP councillor blamed gay marriage for the floods. UKIP have no MPs.

Do you have any evidence that they are full of old men who have been brought up by millionaires?

If not: stop spreading misinformation!

This forum really needs a UKIP megathread. Like 5 new threads get made everyday.
illuminaty11!!1!

-----

The key word in your title, is 'seriously'. People will vote for UKIP because they don't have a clue about the real problems of GB
Entangled
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pnorm)
They're just an immature party full of old men who have been brought up by millionaires.
Anecdotally, that doesn't make them stand out at all.
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because they hate having holidays from work clearly.
Nanometre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
People are scared. They're sick of the Tories, Labour and the Lib Dems being essentially the same party for the last 20 years. They're sick of 'spin'. They're constantly being told that we can blame all our problems on Europe. Voting UKIP is an easy option, because it seems like something that will give a change from the main parties which seem out of touch. Nigel Farage tells them what they want to hear. It;s incredibly depressing.
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A lot of people want to vote for UKIP, not because they agree with their policies, but as protest to show the other parties that they are out of touch. Perhaps if UKIP come first in the EU elections (I doubt it but stranger things have happened) it will kick the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems up the arse and make them wake up and they'll start to consider changing their policies and practices to be more in touch with the electorate.
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because they speak sense and have policies I agree with.

The Lib Dems had a paedophile as an MP. Torys had a racist/ Islam phobic councillor quit the other day. Labour have a racist as an prominent MP. Why would I vote for them?

UKIP foreign and defence policy particularly attracts me.
Jipvh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the mezzil)

The Lib Dems had a paedophile as an MP. Torys had a racist/ Islam phobic councillor quit the other day. Labour have a racist as an prominent MP. Why would I vote for them?

The fact that they want to increase defence spending by 40% just makes me feel like we're turning into the USA with a "mine's bigger than yours' " fantasy. It's immature and we don't need more defence if we have NATO and don't stick our nose into every foreign conflict
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
because UKIP are the only party that will address the EU issue. It concerns enough people, but non of the main parties like to talk about it.
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jipvh)
The fact that they want to increase defence spending by 40% just makes me feel like we're turning into the USA with a "mine's bigger than yours' " fantasy. It's immature and we don't need more defence if we have NATO and don't stick our nose into every foreign conflict
I wish to leave NATO and end the special relationship with the USA, and thus less interventionist wars. In case you were wondering, rather than making assumptions on what my views are.

The defence budget needs to be increased. It's not immature to want national security you mong.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

The views of these people do not reflect the views of their respective parties.

I wish to leave NATO and end the special relationship with the USA, and thus less interventionist wars. In case you were wondering, rather than making assumptions on what my views are.

The defence budget needs to be increased. It's not immature to want national security you mong.
Why?
Jipvh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Why would you want to end international relationships that keep prosperity and make our country safe? We don't need to end our relationship with the USA to stop interventionist wars, we just need to stop interventionist wars!
chrisawhitmore
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pnorm)
One of their councillors, and about 20 Labour councillors have been convicted of child sex offences. The trick is not to judge any large body on the actions of a single member of it, and to judge parties on their policies.
chrisawhitmore
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jipvh)
IIRC that increase would largely go to better pay and aftercare for soldiers, not just expansion of the military.
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The views of these people do not reflect the views of their respective parties.

Why?

(Original post by Jipvh)
Why would you want to end international relationships that keep prosperity and make our country safe? We don't need to end our relationship with the USA to stop interventionist wars, we just need to stop interventionist wars!
You are naïve if you think the USA keeps our country safe. The USA creates more problems than they solve and there is little evidence of ceasing intervention. Granted, they may share intelligence with us, but we do not require a special relationship with them. Nor do we need NATO to defend our shores or foreign interests. I didn't see US Marines storming up Goose Green. Plus NATO is corrupt. Only 4 countries meet their yearly defence expenditure annually of 2.00%. NATO is more of a leech than a defence agreement. Nothing gets done, and nobody meets their defence obligations.

The USA itself is not a defender of liberty and democracy. I would go as far to say they are the new potential enemies of those values, and in turn, our potential enemies of the future. We can trade with them, we can share intelligence with them by all means, particularly around the area of radical Islamism from places like Syria, Pakistan, Somalia, Afghanistan et al. But I don't think we should be entering or continuing a defensive military alliance with them. I would much prefer a closer alliance with France, Germany and the Scandinavian countries, as well as an increased defence budget to plug the whole left by the USA. Those countries I have listed above should also be increasing their defence budget in order to pull their weight.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You are naïve if you think the USA keeps our country safe. The USA creates more problems than they solve and there is little evidence of ceasing intervention. Granted, they may share intelligence with us, but we do not require a special relationship with them. Nor do we need NATO to defend our shores or foreign interests. I didn't see US Marines storming up Goose Green. Plus NATO is corrupt. Only 4 countries meet their yearly defence expenditure annually of 2.00%. NATO is more of a leech than a defence agreement. Nothing gets done, and nobody meets their defence obligations.

The USA itself is not a defender of liberty and democracy. I would go as far to say they are the new potential enemies of those values, and in turn, our potential enemies of the future. We can trade with them, we can share intelligence with them by all means, particularly around the area of radical Islamism from places like Syria, Pakistan, Somalia, Afghanistan et al. But I don't think we should be entering or continuing a defensive military alliance with them. I would much prefer a closer alliance with France, Germany and the Scandinavian countries, as well as an increased defence budget to plug the whole left by the USA. Those countries I have listed above should also be increasing their defence budget in order to pull their weight.
This doesn't answer the question:

Why should our defence budget be increased?
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This doesn't answer the question:

Why should our defence budget be increased?
1) To give the intelligence agencies better equipment and resources to deal with fighters coming back from Syria et al
2) Basically threaten Putin with
3) Increased anti piracy activities in both the Caribbean and Middle East/ horn of Africa
4) Increased pay and funding of equipment per soldier
5) More protective equipment, and things like transport helicopters that were a problem in the Afghan campaign (lack off)
6) Increased man power to 100 000 because some trades are facing man power shortages, and on the whole we need more men to carry out more UN peacekeeping operations. Part Time soldiers can not fill the gap adequately of a full time soldier. Purely down to commitments and training
7) Better range of capabilities to intervene should the need arise (justly), without the support of NATO/ USA (which I wish to leave)
8) To provide better care for veterans. Care should be done by governments, not the admirable charities such as the Royal British Legion. (see page 2 Arsons list)
MASTER265
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
UKIP are just an easy target but clearly you idiots know nothing about your perfect 3 main parties. Because people like the OP I will no doubt vote for UKIP. All the hate is just making them more and more popular
leinad2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

To say that you wouldn't vote for the other parties because one member in each party (half of which have been kicked out/ resigned) has a dodgy view is absolutely crazy, especially when a UKIP member blamed the floods on gay people.

Add in the hypocritical leader who wants to ban immigration with the EU and control the budget, yet has his German wife employed at the tax payers expense and what intelligent individual would vote for them?

Their EU policy and defence policies are the ONLY policies they have, unless you count painting our trains patriotic colours...

Plus, why do we need to increase defence spending, Russia is the only country with any marginal intent to become aggressive with the UK, and Farage idolises Putin and would never go to war with his hero...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads