lloyd2d
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
UCAS asks for a start date and end date to any education I've done. As I re-did some exams after I finished 6th form, will the end date be the day of my last exam i re-did? Or the kinda official last day before i went back for exams? (By the way, I didn't go back and re-do a whole year of teaching, I only went back for the days of the exams).
Any help is appreciated,
Cheers
Holmstock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lloyd2d)
UCAS asks for a start date and end date to any education I've done. As I re-did some exams after I finished 6th form, will the end date be the day of my last exam i re-did? Or the kinda official last day before i went back for exams? (By the way, I didn't go back and re-do a whole year of teaching, I only went back for the days of the exams).
Any help is appreciated,
Cheers
The UCAS video was a bit short, and did not cover the point, but the site then referred to an "advisors' blog" for trickier points. You need to enter your school twice, once for the full-time attendance, and once as "part-time", just for the retake subjects. The blog says:

"I'm resitting an A level through my school but I no longer study there. How do I enter this on my application?

• You need to make sure your original A level result has been entered first.
  • If you're resitting the exams at your previous school/college, you then need to add the school/college a second time on your form. However, you just need to state your attendance dates as the dates between which you will be taking the resits – e.g. June 2014 to June 2014. You'd need to indicate that your attendance is part-time. You can then enter the A level as pending under the second entry for the school/college."

See: http://www.ucasonline.blogspot.co.uk...s-on-your.html

So the date I would use for the end of sixth form teaching would be the date you had to hand back keys, library books etc, which should be after the A-levels (the video did say that you need to make sure that your school attendance end date is after the date you took the exams); and then, as it says, when you are dealing with the retakes, just make sure that the attendance dates are for the exam period only.
lloyd2d
Rep:
?
Thanks for the quick reply! That was very helpful :-)
Cheers
lloyd2d
Rep:
?
Another question regarding re-sits,

I went back and re-sat one subject, but ended up only being able to achieve the same grade again. Should I enter that A-level twice then? Once for my first grade, and second for my re-sit? Or just leave it at one?
Thanks in advance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (101)
68.24%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
18.24%
Yes but I might change my mind (20)
13.51%

Watched Threads