The Student Room Group

Is this classed as cheating/going too far?

Guy has just got married with baby. He goes out with friends he knows (including wonen)celebrating some work achievement and starts dancing/slightly flirting with the girls there.

Is this common behaviour is it only wrong if it goes to far?
Reply 1
I think it depends on what his wife is comfortable with. Plenty of girls believe that "looking but not touching" is fine and that flirting is simply harmless. However, I wouldn't be happy if I knew that my boyfriend was flirting with other women.

As long as this guy's partner is aware and fine with that kind of behaviour, it's harmless. If not, he should respect her feelings and her wishes, even if he is completely loyal and means nothing at all by it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inthedark1
Guy has just got married with baby.

He married a baby? :gasp:
There's different types of flirting.

Some people are just flirtatious by nature and it's kind of like being comfortable in a friendship with someone of the opposite sex whilst throwing in a slight flirtatious edge which makes it fun, without anything that could be construed as insinuating there could be physical encounters between you.

The other type is when it's mining for future opportunities and this usually is characterised by straying in to text/facebook message contact of a form that you would not be comfortable with your partner seeing. Some people are persistent miners like this and it can quickly get very inappropriate.

Thinking about it I think its actually the electronic message/not in person type of contact that is most dangerous in terms of inappropriate flirtation.
Does his new wife mind being left alone at home with the baby, I wonder?
It's down to the individual. If a guy knows their partner wouldn't want him to flirt, he shouldn't. If they're okay with it, then flirt so long as it's harmless. Same applies to girls.
Nah it's not that far...

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
He married a baby? :gasp:

Yeah I'm stuck on this bit
Original post by inthedark1
Guy has just got married with baby. He goes out with friends he knows (including wonen)celebrating some work achievement and starts dancing/slightly flirting with the girls there.

Is this common behaviour is it only wrong if it goes to far?

I think so. If she can't trust him to have a little dance and flirt, she shouldn't have married him and had his babies. Me and my girlfriend are always going out separately, no problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending