The Student Room Group

[OCR] AS History A Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Any predictions for the topic of the Churchill paper? Personally, I'm not sure what will come up. India, perhaps?
Original post by luke__1
Thanks!! I'll bear this in mind on Wednesday :smile:

Good Luck tomorrow man! I wish you the best of luck :smile: Message me to tell me how you found it!

BTW: Remember to talk about STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES of sources in Qb! You may know that already but I felt like I should just say in case you forgot or something as it's very important in order to get into Level 1-3 :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by AMKrishnan
Good Luck tomorrow man! I wish you the best of luck :smile: Message me to tell me how you found it!

BTW: Remember to talk about STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES of sources in Qb! You may know that already but I felt like I should just say in case you forgot or something as it's very important in order to get into Level 1-3 :smile:

I feel like I'm as prepared as I can be, my knowledge is pretty decent and I know to only use it to an extent to prevent cluttering my comparisons and analysis etc.. Should go smoothly hopefully, I'll let you know tomorrow :biggrin:
Extremely nervous. Compared to the exam next Thursday, this is awful.
Reply 24
How did everyone find it?? I did The condition of England and I thought it went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Thought Condition of England went really well, couldn't of asked for a better paper :smile:
Democracy and Dictatorship in Germany 1933-63 was better than expected!
Reply 27
England in a New Century went okay. Wording for the B question was a bit off, but otherwise it went okay.
Original post by ultralex
Democracy and Dictatorship in Germany 1933-63 was better than expected!

Did you mention the word "unqulified" in the 70mark I focused on "success" and now im worried :/
I did Condition of England; I spent a good amount on qb but only had 15mins for Qa so I had to rush that at the end. I got Similarities but didn't do any differences as I only had one minute so I just concluded with my judgement...

I reckon with Q.b. I got AT LEAST 45 because I got 45/70 in a previous practice question that my teacher marked and this was defo better than that.

Will I get at least a B or A even though my Qa had NO differences? The Similarity section was fine, just no differences....

I finished with my judgement saying which source is better and why.... :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Condition of England had an excellent question, sympathizing the grievances of the radicals rather than having to justify why the upper class believed things should remain the way things are.

I really hoped it was something on the radical movement,corn laws was my second favourite topic and there's always that one bastard that goes into another exam paper, just can't beat them.
Original post by desi96hr
Did you mention the word "unqulified" in the 70mark I focused on "success" and now im worried :/

No I spoke about success, unqualified just meant that it was a complete success - really weirdly worded question but it was about success, yes :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Chives90
Condition of England had an excellent question, sympathizing the grievances of the radicals rather than having to justify why the upper class believed things should remain the way things are.

I really hoped it was something on the radical movement,corn laws was my second favourite topic and there's always that one bastard that goes into another exam paper, just can't beat them.

I'm so worried now that you've said that! What do you mean by justifying why the upper class etc? Are you talking about question a or b?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by AMKrishnan
I did Condition of England; I spent a good amount on qb but only had 15mins for Qa so I had to rush that at the end. I got Similarities but didn't do any differences as I only had one minute so I just concluded with my judgement...

I reckon with Q.b. I got AT LEAST 45 because I got 45/70 in a previous practice question that my teacher marked and this was defo better than that.

Will I get at least a B or A even though my Qa had NO differences? The Similarity section was fine, just no differences....

I finished with my judgement saying which source is better and why.... :frown:

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Don't worry about it too much as it's done now, you spent a long time getting the 70 marks right which should reward you, and you'll still get something for question a. Don't let this paper put you off doing amazingly in F962 next week!
Original post by ultralex
No I spoke about success, unqualified just meant that it was a complete success - really weirdly worded question but it was about success, yes :smile:

Yay I did the same thing I concluded it wasnt I complete success so think im safe! :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by praiseob
I'm so worried now that you've said that! What do you mean by justifying why the upper class etc? Are you talking about question a or b?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was only saying that, since there was no sources on the government/upper class. I could analysis the sources better because I can't empathize the upper classes so well since I'm from a working class family.

history to me is looking at the human condition from a societal point of view
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Chives90
I was only saying that, since there was no sources on the government/upper class. I could analysis the sources better because I can't empathize the upper classes so well since I'm from a working class family.

history to me is looking at the human condition from a societal point of view

Ohhh okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else find the Churchill question really harsh??
Reply 38
Original post by ThatGuyWithLSD
Did anyone else find the Churchill question really harsh??

It wasn't that great to be honest. I hadn't really revised that aspect of the course in a lot of detail. So, I didn't really have that much contextual knowledge. In the end, I used some vague points coupled with cross-referencing. Hopefully that'll be enough. But, apparently the grade boundaries are quite low. 68, I think? So we should be fine...
Original post by Quantaˌ
It wasn't that great to be honest. I hadn't really revised that aspect of the course in a lot of detail. So, I didn't really have that much contextual knowledge. In the end, I used some vague points coupled with cross-referencing. Hopefully that'll be enough. But, apparently the grade boundaries are quite low. 68, I think? So we should be fine...

68-72 is generally the A Bracket for this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending