The Student Room Group

System won't let my parents support my application

I'm a continuing student from 2013/14 and had no problem applying last year. This year however, my account says it's waiting for both my parents to submit their income details for assessment (I can also see the notification of entitlement letter, which says the amount I'd get if their income wasn't assessed, this was supposedly sent on 30/4 though I haven't received it yet.) When my parents log in using the link in the email SFE sent them, it says they aren't required to provide their information again.

This is clearly wrong, as without this I will only get half of what I'm actually entitled to, surely? When she tries to find me by searching to support my application, the system can't find me at all. My CRN is 51304650073.

I also need to know if there's any way my mum can submit the 'my-income-has-changed-by-more-than-15%-so-use-this-tax-year-to-assess-us' form online? It's all just a bit confusing to me.

Thanks for any help.
Hi there.

If you have been sent a notification with an amount that is not based on household income then this means your application has been approved outwith parents details and your parents will be unable to submit their details online as your application will no longer await them.

This can happen if you have submitted your app not based on household income or if your parents have not provided their details in time, the system automatically reverts to not being based on household income.

In this case your parents would need to fill in the PFF2 paper form giving us income details for the tax year 2 years prior to the academic year you are studying. They can also find the 'Current Year Income' form in the same place and submit that at the same time, which allows them to give their earnings in the current year also.

Forms can be found here: http://bit.ly/SDxEg3

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there.

If you have been sent a notification with an amount that is not based on household income then this means your application has been approved outwith parents details and your parents will be unable to submit their details online as your application will no longer await them.

This can happen if you have submitted your app not based on household income or if your parents have not provided their details in time, the system automatically reverts to not being based on household income.

In this case your parents would need to fill in the PFF2 paper form giving us income details for the tax year 2 years prior to the academic year you are studying. They can also find the 'Current Year Income' form in the same place and submit that at the same time, which allows them to give their earnings in the current year also.

Forms can be found here: http://bit.ly/SDxEg3

Thanks

If I want them to be able to do it online, can I delete the application and do it again?

Thanks for your help.
Hi there,

To ensure your funding is available to you at the start of the 2014/15 academic year, we recommend you do not request for your current application to be deleted.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending