Is this my fault? Opinions please!!

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Believe2014
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I really need people's opinion on this please. There is a girl i like at work, she told me something 2 months ago, something to do with some guy trying to get close to her. However i told her i knew about it and said i cant tell you who it was as that person i promised i wont tell anyone. She was fine with that. Yesterday she messaged me saying i can't trust you anymore and i don't know who you are and i have nothing to say to you anymore, and we should not be close anymore because you acted like you didn't know when i told you. Regardless if i acted like i didnt know, has she got the right to say this to me? did i do wrong? Or is she overreacting? It's hurt me because i never break anyones trust and i am generally a nice friendly and open person. Im so confused!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lasershark
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
It's not your fault; you kept your friend's secret. She's being an immature little girl who's being selfish. Why should she expect you to betray your friend's trust, just for her? She shouldn't. Your friends are much more important than a girl you hardly know; your friend would feel upset if they knew you told this girl their secret.
Musie Suzie
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
You probably should have just kept quiet, rather than telling her you knew but couldn't say anything about it.
The pencil one
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Ignore her, she's probably on her period. She'll come running back. If she don't, consider it a gain, not a loss
Believe2014
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
That's what i thought, i was doubting myself thinking i am in the wrong here. But because i don't remember a couple of months ago if i told her i knew, if i acted like i didn't know, how is that related to breaking someone's trust?

Posted from TSR Mobile
bettinakovacs
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Believe2014)
That's what i thought, i was doubting myself thinking i am in the wrong here. But because i don't remember a couple of months ago if i told her i knew, if i acted like i didn't know, how is that related to breaking someone's trust?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is exactly what she wants. She wants you to feel bad for not telling her. She wants to know, but she's not in the first place here. Your friend
& keeping his secret is. She just thinks about herself, that's all. Dont feel bad not telling her what she wants. Would you betray a friend for some girl ? Stay a good friend to your friend. She's just jealous because she isn't that important. Maybe she's into you and wants to know if you can make sacrifices for her ? Who knows ! But don't do it !
Last edited by bettinakovacs; 1 year ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.6%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.85%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.16%

Watched Threads