Is this at all possible Watch

Anonymousgirll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Considering how late this is and how exam season is practically two weeks away can I get my exams changed to next year? I am resitting this year so I am currently a year 14. Therefore I highly assume this is very unlikely but I have missed six weeks off school due to being ill and I am so behind and feel like I can't do this anymore. Just thinking that this situation may be better than re- resitting again.

I am really anxious about talking to my teachers about this but I feel like this may be one of the only realistic options. I know they won't let me but can this happen, as I've had problems and I've been off due to illness. I've had no extra help or support from school despite this.
Lasershark
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not unless you want to pay for all your exams next year as the school won't pay to enter you twice. Not unless you want to be a year behind in your education and have a year of doing nothing.
ssjt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you talk to your school they may let you drop back a year.
shareen96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you could retake the whole year, and your school pays for it ( to enter you again)
the only disadvtange is that you slip back one year while most friends would be going off to the next year. otherwise, it is often a good choice!
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lasershark)
Not unless you want to pay for all your exams next year as the school won't pay to enter you twice. Not unless you want to be a year behind in your education and have a year of doing nothing.
I paid for half of them this year. If I don't do them this year can the school not just change them to next year though? Sorry I should have mentioned that this year was a re sit so I am a year behind. Wouldn't really be doing nothing for a year though.
Lasershark
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymousgirll)
I paid for half of them this year. If I don't do them this year can the school not just change them to next year though? Sorry I should have mentioned that this year was a re sit so I am a year behind. Wouldn't really be doing nothing for a year though.
You'd have to be entered all over again; neither you or the school will get any money back for this year's entries. The papers have already been printed, you have already been entered and the exam boards have already taken the money to pay for their admin costs, the running of their services, and of course their profit margin.
Toriar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well yes it is possible but the problem is whether your school would be happy with this arrangement or not, especially considering the school will have to pay for your exams again next year (unless you offer to pay)
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
(Original post by KateAmandaBooth)
I started my chemistry course 3 months late and my teacher took me out of the first exam and entered me to do the re-sit as my first exam, if that makes sense. So basically I sat a re-sit paper as my first paper.

💋
Sorry I should have mentioned that this year was my re sit as I am a year 14. I started two months late in the middle of September as A2's start in June. I started one of my subjects in the last week of January and missed school from the last week of February to the second week of April. So I pretty much missed all the lesson time apart from two weeks for that subject. Therefore I am behind on two units of coursework for that subject.
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
(Original post by ssjt)
If you talk to your school they may let you drop back a year.
Sorry I should have mentioned that I am re sitting this year as I am in year 14. I highly doubt they are going to allow me to do it again next year.

But if I don't finish this year I don't know if they will allow me to do it again next year. That way I won't have got completed grades twice which needed re sitting.
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
(Original post by shareen96)
you could retake the whole year, and your school pays for it ( to enter you again)
the only disadvtange is that you slip back one year while most friends would be going off to the next year. otherwise, it is often a good choice!
Sorry I should have mentioned that I am re sitting this year as I am in year 14. Therefore I don't think my school will let me again. But they know I haven't been well this year and that I am behind.

I don't know if it will be better to do these exams next year that way I won't have completed grades twice which may need re sitting again.
llamaspoon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can't you get a doctor's note for mitigating circumstances and then still sit the exams?
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toriar)
Well yes it is possible but the problem is whether your school would be happy with this arrangement or not, especially considering the school will have to pay for your exams again next year (unless you offer to pay)
Not sure if you read the bit on the thread about me being a year 14 student already. I don't think they will allow me though because they nearly didn't let me re sit this year and last month they said that I wouldn't be able to come back to school. I don't know what else I could do though. I paid for half of my re sits this year.
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
(Original post by llamaspoon)
Can't you get a doctor's note for mitigating circumstances and then still sit the exams?
I asked my doctors for a note for school as I had been off for over a month but they said they shouldn't need to provide one.

Had a meeting with school and they said with a note it would ony be 5% extra or something. I just feel so lost, stressed and like a failure basically. I really don't think I can do these exams.
Toriar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not sure if you read the bit on the thread about me being a year 14 student already. I don't think they will allow me though because they nearly didn't let me re sit this year and last month they said that I wouldn't be able to come back to school. I don't know what else I could do though. I paid for half of my re sits this year.
Yeah I did read that part. Well, your options are:
- Take the exams anyway and hope for the best
- Try and convince the school to let you resit again, and offer to pay for all the exams
- Find another college or sixth form to do resits next year
- Self-teach your A2s and sit them as a private candidate
- Try something else like an apprenticeship
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
Yeah I did read that part. Well, your options are:
- Take the exams anyway and hope for the best
- Try and convince the school to let you resit again, and offer to pay for all the exams
- Find another college or sixth form to do resits next year
- Self-teach your A2s and sit them as a private candidate
- Try something else like an apprenticeship
Oh right I wasn't too sure if you had. Do you still think it may be possible even though I am a year 14 and its my second attempt of doing this already? Thanks for your advice. I am going to speak to them if not I am going to do my exams and see what happens. Then next year I will have to see but I could either re sit them at another school or college or privately. Not sure about the apprenticeship though.
Trouble is sometimes I think I can do it and feel ok but other times I feel like I can't end up crying and really feel like I can't
Toriar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh right I wasn't too sure if you had. Do you still think it may be possible even though I am a year 14 and its my second attempt of doing this already? Thanks for your advice. I am going to speak to them if not I am going to do my exams and see what happens. Then next year I will have to see but I could either re sit them at another school or college or privately. Not sure about the apprenticeship though.
Oh it is definitely possible, especially if you offer to pay for the exams, but it depends if your school considers you a hard-working pupil and they want to help you, or if they think you're taking the mickey. I only suggested the apprenticeship because it might be something to consider, but it depends on what job you want in the future.

Edit: sorry just saw your edited post, I really think you should sit the exams because the worst that could happen is you do badly, but even then, chances are there will be somewhere willing to let you resit them again. And you never know, you could surprise yourself.
Anonymousgirll
Rep:
?
Oh it is definitely possible, especially if you offer to pay for the exams, but it depends if your school considers you a hard-working pupil and they want to help you, or if they think you're taking the mickey. I only suggested the apprenticeship because it might be something to consider, but it depends on what job you want in the future.

Edit: sorry just saw your edited post, I really think you should sit the exams because the worst that could happen is you do badly, but even then, chances are there will be somewhere willing to let you resit them again. And you never know, you could surprise yourself.
Really think my school won't let me especially since this is my second time doing my A2's. I've never had or been in any trouble before apart from problems and stress happening this year and last year. I had a meeting at the end of March and the head of sixth form said year 15 isn't possible. He left at Easter and someone else in the school has taken his place starting from tomorrow. I don't know if it will be best to talk to him. But will it really be considered as year 15 if this year isn't completely finished off.
I knew I should do my exams but my first one is two weeks today and I haven't done any revision for it and haven't done it since two years ago, well one and a half. Plus I have two units of coursework for another subject which I started at the end of Jan. The coursework was meant to be in two and a half weeks ago. But I had missed school and therefore the lessons from the last week of February until the second week of April and after that we broke up for Easter (returning tomorrow). So I am way behind on that coursework missed the lessons no one will help me. Annoyed me teacher I'm guessing as I asked him if I could have till after Easter. He hasn't been replying to my messages. So just feel like I have failed this year, really don't think they will let me back at all just messed up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (15)
32.61%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (14)
30.43%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (9)
19.57%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (3)
6.52%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (5)
10.87%

Watched Threads