kelefi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hey, im 16 and have gcse's in about a week and im slightly terrified.

in terms of the tests themselves, i am fine, i am pretty sure that i can ace them with flying colours.

the issue comes down to my revision. i am barely doing any - 20 minutes per day. and my friends are doing upwards of 2-3 hours daily!

i feel that i should be doing more but:
im not motivated at all
i am comfortable with my theory

should i be revising as much as everybody else?
nox1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not if you are comfortable with everything
PricklyPorcupine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Seriously depends on how much you listened in class and how much revision you need to do to get the grades you want. As for motivation, maybe try scaring yourself a little if that wouldn't stress you out or even picture results day etc.
kelefi
Rep:
?
i mean, i have gone through my exam stress phase and now i am just like "come on, lets get this over with"

im going on holiday right after my last exam, and am back before results day.
for some reason that is all i really think about. whenever i think about exams im not worried about my grade, i feel that i should worry a bit more! (i usually go crazy with worry!)
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kelefi)

in terms of the tests themselves, i am fine, i am pretty sure that i can ace them with flying colours.

the issue comes down to my revision. i am barely doing any - 20 minutes per day. and my friends are doing upwards of 2-3 hours daily!

im not motivated at all

Yes i think you should be revising as everybody else...

I know how you feel but the key thing to rember is that success comes in cans and not in cants.

Need some motivation:

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i mean, i have gone through my exam stress phase and now i am just like "come on, lets get this over with"

im going on holiday right after my last exam, and am back before results day.
for some reason that is all i really think about. whenever i think about exams im not worried about my grade, i feel that i should worry a bit more! (i usually go crazy with worry!)
i feel like this too but cant stop myself from feeling that way
infinitytheory
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

im not motivated at all

I did the same as you for my GCSE's - i started revising the day of the first exam...don't do it!! Even though i still got ok grades (2A*,6A,3B) i didnt get what i was predicted or what i was capable of if i started revising earlier (5A*,6A) and i was regretting not revising more

It's so difficult to revise for a subject you have no interest in and have other stuff you want to do - like for me i just wanted to play video games and kept telling myself 'just one more level'. But in the end, that video game isn't going to go anywhere and you can just play it in the heaps of time you have after exams!!

I also went on holiday straight after exams and couldn't stop thinking about it during exams, but work now and relax later!! 1 or 2 months of hard work and then you get to relax for ageeess!!

It doesn't matter how much revision you do, as long as in the end you know everything for the exam. So you friend might spend 3 hours revising chemistry and you can go over it in an hour and be fine, just do a past paper to check or even just half of it and then half later. If you're doing like 30 mins a day, just work a little bit more each day until you're at the 2-3 hour mark. Like do half an hour today, then an hour the next day (with a 5 minute break at 30 mins) etc.
And I know its cliché but 'just break it down into manageable chunks' or even just get some paper/revision cards and write stuff down and while you're watching tv or procrastinating and you feel like you should be revising, get someone to test you or test yourself

And don't worry about not worrying!! I went into exams like 'screw it i don't care, lets get this over with' and some friends were shaking with nerves and feeling ill - if you think you know it all do a past paper to check and if you get a good score then you have less of a reason to worry PAST PAPERS ARE THE KEY!! (If you don't feel like doing a whole one, just do a 2 or 3 questions and then come back to it after a while #everylittlehelps )
kelefi
Rep:
?
Hey. Welll......
I have made around 200 (double sided) revision cards covering most subjects. Do I reallly neeeed to revise more or can I just go over the cards for some time?
Marcusroye98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey. Welll......
I have made around 200 (double sided) revision cards covering most subjects. Do I reallly neeeed to revise more or can I just go over the cards for some time?
I am in the same situation as you just keep on testing yourself
kelefi
Rep:
?
thanks, will do!
i am sure i will ace these tests, now i just gotta stop my stomach from growling!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (273)
66.1%
No (140)
33.9%

Watched Threads