The Student Room Group

I need a bit of help in preparing a SWOT analysis?

In my assignment, I have been asked to prepare a SWOT analysis for a company that produce industrial hand gloves. Their main customers are the public sector (local councils all over the UK).

What are likely to be the possible strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats?
Original post by trrr
In my assignment, I have been asked to prepare a SWOT analysis for a company that produce industrial hand gloves. Their main customers are the public sector (local councils all over the UK).

What are likely to be the possible strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats?

Now without knowing too much information on the company, I can give you a few ideas to begin with.
Strengths: Probably got a contract with various councils within the UK, so could potentially a large client base ready for their products. Also, have various customers, i.e. various councils so have got the potential to generate revenue as their products are used by many. Why is the company picked by councils, what is it USP?
Weaknesses: No idea if this product is used by many in the private sector. What happens if the public sector need to cut its budget for hand gloves?
Opportunities: Try to expand to international markets, private sector. Also in growth of industrial sector, could lead to more gloves being sold?
Threats: Who are the rivals? How many are there? Is the product easily copied? Is the product unique?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending