The Student Room Group

has anyone found that...

they've been more motivated to revise for their mock GCSEs than their actual ones, or is it just me? it's kind of worrying...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I found that I was more motivated to revise for my year 9 end of year tests than my GCSEs....
I know exactly what you mean, I've done less revision for my real ones than my January mocks, I think I'm just sick of working now tbh
Original post by jennywasteslives
I know exactly what you mean, I've done less revision for my real ones than my January mocks, I think I'm just sick of working now tbh

Exactly this. I'm pretty much done with revision, tbh. I just can't bring myself to do any more xD I did so much more for my mocks than I've done now D:
Original post by thechemistress
Exactly this. I'm pretty much done with revision, tbh. I just can't bring myself to do any more xD I did so much more for my mocks than I've done now D:

thank god i'm not alone on this!! i haven't even started revising for my first exam which is biology unit 3 because i just. can't. bring. myself. to look at the revision guide D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter
thank god i'm not alone on this!! i haven't even started revising for my first exam which is biology unit 3 because i just. can't. bring. myself. to look at the revision guide D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok we havent done a lot but with certainly revised for our first test lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here xD I am literally relying on night-before cramming- that's the only thing that can save me now :tongue:
What exam board are you on for science? xD
Original post by Angelo12231
ok we havent done a lot but with certainly revised for our first test lol

yeah, i've revised half of bio 3a and then completely given up but i have a designated date to revise it fully, don't worry :')

thechemistress: i'm on AQA :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not worrying too much though, I mean I know basically everything I knew in the mocks, and did pretty awesome on those so it's just keeping it up :P
yeah, i've revised half of bio 3a and then completely given up but i have a designated date to revise it fully, don't worry :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

im on edexcel
Original post by AlphaNick
mocks I was kinda lazy tbh, cut lots of corners... but right now that's not happening

I agree I was lazy for mocks, but I'm not exactly doing more now :biggrin:
mocks I was kinda lazy tbh, cut lots of corners... but right now that's not happening

what do you want to get in gcses mate?
I'm not worrying too much though, I mean I know basically everything I knew in the mocks, and did pretty awesome on those so it's just keeping it up :P

Nice :tongue:
I've forgotten a lot of Geography and History, so those need to be covered in detail again xD Out of curiosity, how did you do in your mocks? :h:
Reply 13
The thing is, I barely worked for mock exams (paid attention in class, read over class notes that's it), came out with good results so I kind of lost motivation and here I am on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, same board for science xD The last topic in B3 is so incredibly dull :angry:
I want to get 9 A*s and 2 As

ooooooOOOoo someones on it... i want like 2A*s and 8 As and a B for french
I've forgotten a lot of Geography and History, so those need to be covered in detail again xD Out of curiosity, how did you do in your mocks? :h:

I know hardly any Science but know loads about History and Geography.

What are your History topics about?

Yeah History, Geography and Physics are the only ones I'm really revising right now (I did Biology and Chemistry last year) I got mainly A*s, I think one or two As but I can't remember now. I didn't have as many exams then though :smile: How did you do? :P
Original post by Just_Need_To
I know hardly any Science but know loads about History and Geography.

What are your History topics about?

Definitely the other way around for me :tongue: Science is like my best friend at the moment xD
I'm on AQA for History.
Unit 1: Origins of the Cold War, Crises of the Cold War, Failure of dรฉtente and the collapse of communism
Unit 2: The Russian revolution, Hitler's Germany and Race Relations in the USA.
How about you? :h:
Yeah History, Geography and Physics are the only ones I'm really revising right now (I did Biology and Chemistry last year) I got mainly A*s, I think one or two As but I can't remember now. I didn't have as many exams then though :smile: How did you do? :P

Oh, right xD I wish I'd done some of mine last year, I have all of them this year -_-
I don't exactly know since I didn't do mine at the same time as everybody else- I was in hospital over mock period, so only did them when I got out xD. Out of the ones I did/got back, I got all A*s apart from in Food Tech (I got a C - and only just, it was close to a D :lol: )

Quick Reply

Latest