The Student Room Group

A Stranger slapped my bum

just now, walking back from work, this youngish guy hit my a** as he walked pass me in opposite direction (was not a tap either). i was shocked and fairly p***ed off,:angry: i just looked behind and he was smirking.
i was on my own and he was with a friend, should i have reacted verbally? if someone did this to you, how would you react?

:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reacted and do what exactly, it would only make situation worse.
If he didn't look like the type of person who hides a knife in their sock, I'd turn round and say "what the **** do you think you're doing?". If he did look like he hides a knife in his sock, I'd just carry on my way, seethe to myself and utter profanities under my breath.

Sadly I think most guys that would do that to a stranger would be the kind of person who would hide a knife in their sock so the second option would be most sensible.
(edited 9 years ago)
any sexual assault should be reported to the authorities
Like what the bear (I shouldn't be using that term..) but I'd report it to the authorities under sexual harrassment...
Reply 5
The ideal response would be to slap them back in the face but I know if it was me, I too would probably walk away even though its harassment
Original post by Carpe Vinum
If he didn't look like the type of person who hides a knife in their sock, I'd turn round and say "what the **** do you think you're doing?". If he did look like he hides a knife in his sock, I'd just carry on my way, seethe to myself and utter profanities under my breath.

Sadly I think most guys that would do that to a stranger would be the kind of person who would hide a knife in their sock so the second option would be most sensible.

yes thank you, he seemed a bit psycho, i kind of happy i didn't say anything.:s-smilie:
I would say this to him

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be very embarrassed and would just glare at him :dontknow:
I hate men who think this OK. I've only shouted on one occasion, but it happens all too often. Most of the time I just walk away quickly, or else give them a really dirty look? I think men need to learn that this kind of behaviour is NOT OK.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
just now, walking back from work, this youngish guy hit my a** as he walked pass me in opposite direction (was not a tap either). i was shocked and fairly p***ed off,:angry: i just looked behind and he was smirking.
i was on my own and he was with a friend, should i have reacted verbally? if someone did this to you, how would you react?

Go and punch his lights out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zhang-liao
Like what the bear (I shouldn't be using that term..) but I'd report it to the authorities under sexual harrassment...

i should report it really ? how do i report? can't help feeling the authorities would not be interested. :frown:
In all honesty I would be in shock to even think about doing anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
I remember this happening to a woman in front of me at a shop once but the guy legged it before anyone realised what had happened. I felt really bad for her but I still don't know what I'd do if I was in the same situation again, or in her place.
Edit: Just remembered I had a random guy (adult) come up to me and kiss me as a joke once when I was 14 or so before running off with his friends. I was too in shock to do anything and I just cried about it when I got home because I felt so disgusted. I went over different outcomes in my head afterwards but I really don't think I'd know what to do if it happened again. It's just something that puts most people into shock for a bit so I doubt most people would be able to react that quickly.
(edited 9 years ago)
i should report it really ? how do i report? can't help feeling the authorities would not be interested. :frown:

There's no point in reporting. Nothing ever comes of it. One of my friends was groped on the tube (boob grab) we were in Stratford station until 11pm talking with police, but nothing ever came of it. We just got home very late.

True....
You could try though...:redface:

TBH i probably would have verbally asaulted the guy if not punch him up
Original post by ILovePancakes
I hate men who think this OK. I've only shouted on one occasion, but it happens all too often. Most of the time I just walk away quickly, or else give them a really dirty look? I think men need to learn that this kind of behaviour is NOT OK.

i know right, it's so dis-respectful. but perhaps some would like the negative reaction from it.
i know right, it's so dis-respectful. but perhaps some would like the negative reaction from it.

I actually think they get satisfaction from getting away with it. It's disgusting and intensely humiliating. Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about it.
YES react !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending