The Student Room Group

Reapplicant personal statement

Would you mention that you're a reapplicant in your ps? On one hand it shows dedication on the other hand you already didn't get in so?
I know it'll be obvious if the carefully examine your ucas form but they'd have to be looking closely.
And if you'd mention it how'd you slip it in? Or just go for it paragraph one? Play heavy on it or just a quick one liner?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No just make sure you mention how usefully you're using your gap year :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hippokrates
No just make sure you mention how usefully you're using your gap year :smile:

I'm planning to mention how I have a job as a carer (I'll have started it before application goes in so have plenty to say) but should I mention things I'm doing after that such as camp America do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
I'm planning to mention how I have a job as a carer (I'll have started it before application goes in so have plenty to say) but should I mention things I'm doing after that such as camp America do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if you can relate it
Original post by em.d_4
Would you mention that you're a reapplicant in your ps? On one hand it shows dedication on the other hand you already didn't get in so?
I know it'll be obvious if the carefully examine your ucas form but they'd have to be looking closely.
And if you'd mention it how'd you slip it in? Or just go for it paragraph one? Play heavy on it or just a quick one liner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't recommend mentioning that you are a reapplicant: just make sure that you are using your gap year well. You can talk about plans for the future in your PS (i.e. I plan to work as a ...). Also, as you are a reapplicant, some medical schools don't allow you to apply twice so double check so you don't waste a place on your UCAS form.

All the best,
Medicine Mentoring
http://www.medicinementoring.co.uk
Reply 5
Original post by Medicine.Mentoring
I wouldn't recommend mentioning that you are a reapplicant: just make sure that you are using your gap year well. You can talk about plans for the future in your PS (i.e. I plan to work as a ...). Also, as you are a reapplicant, some medical schools don't allow you to apply twice so double check so you don't waste a place on your UCAS form.

All the best,
Medicine Mentoring
http://www.medicinementoring.co.uk

On what grounds wouldn't you mention it? I'm not planning to apply to many of the same probably only 1 so that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by em.d_4
On what grounds wouldn't you mention it? I'm not planning to apply to many of the same probably only 1 so that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a waste of words. Say "On my gap year I plan to..." or something like that instead.
Reply 7
Thanks for the thoughts but after a few drafts I've decided I'm definitely dropping it in there.
Original post by em.d_4
Thanks for the thoughts but after a few drafts I've decided I'm definitely dropping it in there.

Why ask if you're going to go 100% against everyone else's opinions?
Reply 9
Original post by Hippokrates
Why ask if you're going to go 100% against everyone else's opinions?

Wanted some opinions but I've spoken to other people including an ex admission advisor who disagreed with the opinions on here. I'll take.on board any relevant points.
Also after writing a few drafts I think I can put it in in a positive way which leads to other points and doesn't waste words. And at the end of the day you have to do what you think is right you can't forever follow everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending