This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Apart from my recent depressive moods I have just down to get a drink but when I was turning off the alarm I forgot the number as I went completly blank. I just had no idea what the number was. The alarm went off and my dad came down and called me a "sod".

I am going mad?

On top of this I am addicted to curlying my hair with my fingers and it now looks so stupid.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, don't worry u seem perfectly sane. Maybe ur a little stressed or something but i doubt ur going mad.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Apart from my recent depressive moods I have just down to get a drink but when I was turning off the alarm I forgot the number as I went completly blank. I just had no idea what the number was. The alarm went off and my dad came down and called me a "sod".

I am going mad?

On top of this I am addicted to curlying my hair with my fingers and it now looks so stupid.

ey? What number? I think you might be going mad

Yes, guys curling hair with their fingers is awful. Unless they're french, in which case it's just camp.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by amexblack)
ey? What number? I think you might be going mad

Yes, guys curling hair with their fingers is awful. Unless they're french, in which case it's just camp.
yeah I think stress may be contributing to it but I am not under that much stress, I've got so much work to do but I am getting it done, it might the fact my operation will be in term time so I am worried about that affecting my university work.

Also its looking like I won't get my old job back.

edit*

The number is the number you have to key in to turn the alarm off.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah I think stress may be contributing to it but I am not under that much stress, I've got so much work to do but I am getting it done, it might the fact my operation will be in term time so I am worried about that affecting my university work.

Also its looking like I won't get my old job back.

edit*

The number is the number you have to key in to turn the alarm off.
what was your old job?
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by iiikewldude)
lol, don't worry u seem perfectly sane. Maybe ur a little stressed or something but i doubt ur going mad.
I meant to quoute you for the above post.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I am going mad?

No.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I am going mad?

Do you remember the number now!??!

Maybe you should tell me it
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by iiikewldude)
what was your old job?
It was a web developer but they said they would phone the first week back in April and I've heared nothing. I probably did somthing wrong.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I am going mad?

I think you just need to go to bed.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Blame stress and if you're me - lack of sleep!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ollie)
Do you remember the number now!??!

Maybe you should tell me it
hehe yeah it I forget it before a few months back when I came home virtualy legless. I've not had any alchohol today though but been it a family party thing all day so maybe I'm tired but don't realise it.

My dad keyed in the correct number and as soon as he did I remembered it.
Maggie
Report 15 years ago
What's a "sod?"
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Maggie)
What's a "sod?"
sodomite
AT82
Rep:
?
I don't know but its about the only swear words my parents use unless I asked my dad to help me out while I'm rewiring somthing, then the sh*ts come in.
Maggie
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dictionary.com)
sod1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sd)
n.
A section of grass-covered surface soil held together by matted roots; turf.
The ground, especially when covered with grass.

tr.v. sod·ded, sod·ding, sods
To cover with sod.
--------------------------
[Middle English, from Middle Low German, or Middle Dutch sode.]

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

sod2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sd) Chiefly British Vulgar Slang
n.
A sodomite.
A person regarded as obnoxious or contemptible.
A fellow; a guy: “Poor sod, he almost got lucky for once” (Jack Higgins).

tr.v. sod·ded, sod·ding, sods
To damn.

Phrasal Verb:
sod off
Used in the imperative to dismiss someone angrily.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (204)
49.51%
No (48)
11.65%
I'm not old enough (160)
38.83%

Watched Threads