The Student Room Group

Girls - why did she taken an interest and then pull out?

I work in customer service and meet a fair amount of girls. Sometimes I use this opportunity to swap numbers with girls or see if they fancy going out etc

Anyways, last Friday I bumped into a very pretty European girl. From our conversation and from reading her body language and the way she was smiling and so forth, I had this inkling I had a chance and I wasn't wrong. I said to her 'let me give you my number encase you have any problems' something like that to which she interjected with 'why don't you take my number' with a conviction and smile. Before I could finish saying why don't we meet up for a drink etc, she butted in and said 'Sunday I'm free' I said 'Sunday it is then'.

I texted her friday evening saying it was nice to meet and I'll be in touch tomorrow about going out as I'm going out right now. No reply although I didn't expect one as I didn't ask anything. Saturday evening I called her but it went through to an answer message, so I think her phone was off but she certainly didn't reject the call as it didn't even ring once. So I whatsapped her to say is she still up for tomorrow to which she hasn't replied, and has been online.

It's now approaching Tuesday and wondering how long I should leave it before I contact her again. And girls what is she doing? I find it strange because she was definitely very keen. I picked up on body language and things she said. It just doesn't add up!
Sounds to me like she liked the idea of meeting up with you initially but after getting home & thinking about it properly decided she didn't want to. It may not be personal to you, so try not to take it that way. It could be for a number of reasons - she might not want to meet up with a guy she doesn't know, she probably just changed her mind & doesn't want to anymore, which is completely normal in all sorts of situations - it could be anything. It's not as though you went on a date with her or something, it was just one encounter which doesn't really give you a lot to go on. She probably didn't think you'd pursue it & didn't realise that you'd viewed the encounter as something which could lead to a date. I wouldn't contact her again if you've already tried a number of times & she's not replying, that's quite a good indicator of her not wanting to stay in touch. Try not to take it too personally & better luck with the next girl you meet! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I certainly find it very rude that she hasn't at least been polite and decent enough to cancel and say she is sorry but no longer wants to meet up. But really there is no point asking us why, there are seriously endless reasons why she may change her mind and most of them probably have nothing to do with you, so it's not personal probably.
Probably gave you the wrong number.
Well, that was very rude of her. She must have just changed her mind, but it was very inconsiderate to not inform you of this!
Reply 5
It's depend on her mind. I think she make fun of you. We don't know what those girl wants.
She changed her mind and is too cowardly to tell you.
Reply 7
Flakes are a part of dealing with women unfortunately. It's just like tax, you just write it off as a given.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending