OCR Pyschology G541 Re-sit 13th May 2014

Watch this thread
weevilspongebob
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I am busy revising for psycho resit as i got a really bad grade last year. How do you guys revise? And any hints as to what might come up? Good luck
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
SmurfHorizon
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm also resitting this exam and basically I think it is the way you write the answers that is the most important aspect of the exam. You have to make a point, explain the point, and use evidence from the source materials to support that point. Always refer back to the source material when answering the questions as this clarifies your understanding of the terminology and you can apply it with the source material. When ever there is a 6 mark question, always give one strength and one weakness as this again is exemplifying your understanding.

All 4 research methods will be used now in this exam as OCR is trying to collaborate two methods in one of the sections such as Experiment and Self Report. So the source material could be, students trying to revise in a noisy room or a quiet room for their GCSE's mock exams. So the IV is the sound level difference between classrooms and the DV is the student's GCSE's mock exams results. OCR could then give the students a questionnaire after they do their mock exams about their thoughts towards the sound level in the classrooms to gather detailed data to support the earlier findings from the mock exam results.

So, you really do need to know all four research methods from back to front. All of the terminology, strengths and weaknesses, the reliability and validity, ethics, and so forth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (24)
18.18%
The paper was reasonable (58)
43.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (22)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
21.21%

Watched Threads