The Student Room Group

Can I still get AAA in A2 if I got a BCC in AS?

As the question above states, but can I still do this without a resit?

The courses I'm studying are:
Design & Technology: Product Design (Coursework + Exam) (B in AS)
Business & Economics (Exam) (C in AS)
Geography (Exam) (C in AS)

I'm on target for an A/A* for A2 Product Design this year, which I'm happy about, but I was wondering if it was possible to boost my B&E and Geography from a C to an A, without a resit of any AS exams/modules.

Thanks!!
Taro.

EDIT:
- Yes I'm aware of the supposed pointlessness of trying to get a higher grade than required when you've already been given a conditional offer (which I have been for 280 UCAS Points = BBC) EXCEPT in the event that you want to go through adjustment.
- Yes I'm aware that it's difficult, but I'm just wondering as to the actual possibility. - without any resits.
- This is my first and final attempt at A-Level. If I can't get higher than BBC, I will go to the university that has given me the conditional offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
It is mathematically possible but rare in my experience for students to make such a grade improvement without resits unless there were specific good reasons for a below than expected performance at AS. Have your mock results or rough marks when working through past papers made you think you are working at 90-100 per cent UMS ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
It is mathematically possible but rare in my experience for students to make such a grade improvement without resits unless there were specific good reasons for a below than expected performance at AS. Have your mock results or rough marks when working through past papers made you think you are working at 90-100 per cent UMS ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very very much for the confirmation ^_^.
I realise that it's highly unlikely for such grade improvements, but I just wanted the confirmation and a strong target to aim for.

Thanks again!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
It's impossible.

best you can morphologically get is CCC/D

its a very big gap between AS and A2
Reply 4
You can try...I got BCC in AS, got AABa in my A-Levels last year. Worked extremely hard for it, but I ****in hate Biology

EDIT: Without resitting any of your AS exams, it will be extremely difficult for you to achieve AAA.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Without resits from C to A? Possible assuming you get 100% i suppose.

But a good B could tip you over the boundary to a grade B which is good. (depending on your UMS) Which is more realistic.
Reply 6
Original post by AnharM
You can try...I got BCC in AS, got AABa in my A-Levels last year. Worked extremely hard for it, but I ****in hate Biology

EDIT: Without resitting any of your AS exams, it will be extremely difficult for you to achieve AAA.

Hah ^^ I'm glad everything turned out peachy for you :smile: Very inspiring.

Original post by Jkizer
Without resits from C to A? Possible assuming you get 100% i suppose.

But a good B could tip you over the boundary to a grade B which is good. (depending on your UMS) Which is more realistic.

Hmm yes I'm not trying to be overly optimistic here, but circumstances have changed slightly. I agree with your more realistic approach though, wouldn't be surprised if I got below AAA at all, considering the probabilities.
(edited 9 years ago)
I got CCD at AS and A*AA at A2.

Then I woke up.
It won't be easy due to your AS results. But I will be the first to say if you work hard you could achieve it.

I was predicted, I think, BCC in my AS's. And I worse getting worse than that in the mocks! I spent the next 4 month working so so hard. Like over 3 hours of revision a day on top of school.... I ended up getting AAB.
Reply 9
Original post by SamTheMan95
I got CCD at AS and A*AA at A2.

Then I woke up.

Hahahah lol
Reply 10
Anecdotal evidence of course, but I had someone in my year who got came out with a C in English literature at the end of his AS year and then managed to get an A* overall.Can't imagine that being easy,but idk.
Without resitting you can't get an A in the subjects you got a C in at AS, but you can get an A*.

(I'm pretty sure, may have made a stupid mistake though)

Quick Reply

Latest