The Student Room Group

Advice needed on foundation degree ucas entry requirements health and social care

Hello Everyone

I am currently wanting to apply for either Childhood, Youth and Education Studies or Health and Social Care at Foundation Degree. However, I am currently doing the BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Health and Social Care (90 Credit, doing all units at distinction grade so far)

I am unfortunately unable to financially progress onwards to the second year due to my age (over 20, they would want over several thousand pounds for me, not factoring in my travel money) The irony being I would be better off going to university as would be able to pay the money back....

I currently have or am undertaking the following qualifications:

GCSE English Language Grade B

BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (D* grade)

BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Caring Across the Lifespan (Pass Grade)

OCR Clait Level 2 Award in IT User Skills (ITQ)

Functional Skills Level 2 in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Skills (Pass Grade)

Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Award in Home Cooking Skills (QCF) (September 2012)

Ascentis Level 1 Award in Healthy Living (QCF) (July 2012)

HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) (February 2013)

Ascentis Level 1 Award in Health and Safety (QCF) (July 2013)

Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Award in WorkSkills (QCF) (September 2013)

Edexcel Level 2 Award in Personal and Social Development (QCF) September 2013
Work Experience

I also am currently in the process of completing the BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma in Health and Social Care (to distinction grade) and am currently undertaking a GCSE Maths alongside the course. I also have completed various work experience placements also.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by Samwin
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Your best bet would be to contact the universities that you're considering applying to explaining you current qualifications, your marks on the BTEC level 3 so far and the fact that you're going to be forced to leave your BTEC incomplete.

They may well be willing to consider you for a place based on your current qualifications but only they can answer that.
As you haven't already got a level 3 qualification it should be free to finish your course because you're under 24.

Quick Reply