jjmichaeljadson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys, I am doing the Victorian era for English Lit (LITA1A I think) and am stuck on wider reading. So far I have done my wider reading covering all topic areas which are:

Ideas of progress: Industry and Empire
The position of women in Victorian Society
Evolving attitudes: culture, religion, science
Social problems: urban poverty and the working class

My question is: Do we have to cover every theme such as culture if our wider reading is sufficient enough in religion and science? I ask this because I can't find much on culture. Also, do we have to study 3 texts (prose,poetry,drama) for Industry and then another 3 for Empire or can we contrast the extract in Q1 that lets say, talks about Empire with our wider reading that is on industry? I am finding culture and Empire difficult to do as especially the drama texts such as A Doll's House, have tenuous links to empire so any suggestions would be a godsend. Thanks!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjmichaeljadson)
Hi guys, I am doing the Victorian era for English Lit (LITA1A I think) and am stuck on wider reading. So far I have done my wider reading covering all topic areas which are:

Ideas of progress: Industry and Empire
The position of women in Victorian Society
Evolving attitudes: culture, religion, science
Social problems: urban poverty and the working class

My question is: Do we have to cover every theme such as culture if our wider reading is sufficient enough in religion and science? I ask this because I can't find much on culture. Also, do we have to study 3 texts (prose,poetry,drama) for Industry and then another 3 for Empire or can we contrast the extract in Q1 that lets say, talks about Empire with our wider reading that is on industry? I am finding culture and Empire difficult to do as especially the drama texts such as A Doll's House, have tenuous links to empire so any suggestions would be a godsend. Thanks!
Just going to pop this into English for you as you're likely to get more replies there from people who can help!
jjmichaeljadson
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Just going to pop this into English for you as you're likely to get more replies there from people who can help!
Thank you! Sorry, I am a bit of a noob here, was wondering why not many people were replying.
jjmichaeljadson
Rep:
?
(Original post by RowingChris2)
What Drama quotes for culture, religion and science do you have?
To be honest I am a bit sparse on the drama links. But so far I have 'A Doll's House' when Nora questions religion in Act Three. I don't have my notes with me right now but I can send you them later on if you need them!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjmichaeljadson)
Thank you! Sorry, I am a bit of a noob here, was wondering why not many people were replying.
That's ok! TSR is quite big so it can be a bit confusing at first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed