History Watch

Dijjy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone doing Tsarist Russia???

Really confused on ways to revise....any tips or ideas?
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dijjy)
Anyone doing Tsarist Russia???

Really confused on ways to revise....any tips or ideas?
Hey, what exactly are you finding difficult?

Have you tried using the free revision resources on TSR? You can make mindmaps, flashcards and timelines etc. with them which are really useful for history. Whatever you do with your revision, don't just read the textbooks as it's really not the best way to retain information. The more 'creative' you are with the key points you need to know, the more it will stick in your brain!

I'm just going to move this to the history forum, so hopefully other people studying history can jump in with advice!
Dijjy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hey, what exactly are you finding difficult?

Have you tried using the free revision resources on TSR? You can make mindmaps, flashcards and timelines etc. with them which are really useful for history. Whatever you do with your revision, don't just read the textbooks as it's really not the best way to retain information. The more 'creative' you are with the key points you need to know, the more it will stick in your brain!

I'm just going to move this to the history forum, so hopefully other people studying history can jump in with advice!
Thank you
I think its just really remembering the information and categorizing the events under the reign of each tsar....

Nope....my teacher didn't really give us any ways to revise we've just got this text book and she said you need to memorize it all....which wasn't very helpful....So so far I've just been making concise broken down notes of the text book and attempting to sum up what each individual did....

It is the Nelson Thornes AQA History AS Unit 1 Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 book by Sally Walker
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dijjy)
Thank you
I think its just really remembering the information and categorizing the events under the reign of each tsar....

Nope....my teacher didn't really give us any ways to revise we've just got this text book and she said you need to memorize it all....which wasn't very helpful....So so far I've just been making concise broken down notes of the text book and attempting to sum up what each individual did....

It is the Nelson Thornes AQA History AS Unit 1 Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 book by Sally Walker
Sounds like you're off to an excellent start with your revision. You're doing all the right things with categorising/summarising.

Have you looked at past papers for the exam, too? That's really essential for getting a feel of what the exam will be like. What level is this for? Here's the link to AQA History.

This is the TSR resource creation page.

I hugely recommend you make use of the resources. Creating crosswords and quizzes is a really good way to help you remember things. This is a guide to the revision tools.

When I was revising I used to do stupid/silly things like draw everything out in comic book form or make up ridiculous songs about the things I needed to learn. Nothing helps you remember who did what like a good sing-a-long! Just be creative with what you have to remember and it will stick in your brain so much better.

It sounds like you are on the right track already. Good luck and don't stress!
Dijjy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Sounds like you're off to an excellent start with your revision. You're doing all the right things with categorising/summarising.

Have you looked at past papers for the exam, too? That's really essential for getting a feel of what the exam will be like. What level is this for? Here's the link to AQA History.

This is the TSR resource creation page.

I hugely recommend you make use of the resources. Creating crosswords and quizzes is a really good way to help you remember things. This is a guide to the revision tools.

When I was revising I used to do stupid/silly things like draw everything out in comic book form or make up ridiculous songs about the things I needed to learn. Nothing helps you remember who did what like a good sing-a-long! Just be creative with what you have to remember and it will stick in your brain so much better.

It sounds like you are on the right track already. Good luck and don't stress!
Thank you very much for your help....I have used some of your ideas and they are helping.
I'm currently doing AS History with the exam board AQA
Yes I have looked at past paper questions upto 2009
And many I got marked by my teacher while others I just made plans and our teacher also gave us several questions with key points which we could include...
My exam is on Wednesday....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (18)
11.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (11)
7.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (36)
23.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (23)
15.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (16)
10.53%
How can I be the best version of myself? (48)
31.58%

Watched Threads