Want more information about this university?

North American Archaeology MA-- Ask me anything! I'm here to help!

Watch
sjbrighter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm a student at the University of Sheffield studying in the MA Medieval Archaeology. I've been directed to answer any and all questions you might have for me. Anything I cannot answer, I will direct to someone in the department who can!
*BB*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sjbrighter)
I'm a student at the University of Sheffield studying in the MA Medieval Archaeology. I've been directed to answer any and all questions you might have for me. Anything I cannot answer, I will direct to someone in the department who can!
Hi, I'm an applicant for the MA in TRP (as below), I just wondered how the Uni is with postgrads, support services etc? Are there any postgrad specific study rooms etc?

Thanks in advance.

Bethany
sjbrighter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi Bethany!

The support services are pretty good; the student union pretty much has an office for every major issue you may face, from financial counseling to IT support. There are also support groups, counseling, etc. Post graduates make up an enormous proportion of the student population here, there are several post-grad groups that you will be invited to join, and there are tons of things for you to do. I know that in the archaeology department, there are two rooms for Masters students to use; a computer room and a general quiet study room. PhD's also have their own facilities.

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/
this is the link to the student union

Sarah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (97)
13.6%
I'm not sure (32)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (223)
31.28%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.38%
I'm not a current university student (344)
48.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise