The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I have this exam too! I'd say that for revision, use a text book to write out notes, then quiz yourself on those notes! Then after that, try past papers. In the exam just be methodical, and try explain things in detail. Just apply what you have learnt and make sure you are getting all the marks covered in your answers
Reply 2
Watch mygcsesxience videos that what I do and take notes re read got A for my chemistry past paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Reply 4
Yes I have the cgp book but the how science works questions are so annoying and always loose marks on these. Really want an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
Yes I have the cgp book but the how science works questions are so annoying and always loose marks on these. Really want an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! The how science works questions irritate me so much, ugh -_-
Reply 6
Original post by thechemistress
Yes, I know exactly what you mean! The how science works questions irritate me so much, ugh -_-

IKR any tips on it then? By the way I like your name :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
IKR any tips on it then? By the way I like your name :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing to do other than to memorise the way they want you to answer then by looking at the mark scheme.
Reply 8
That never helps! They change how they word everything all the time! I find if it is one of those control variables question, you should always put keep the temperature the same. Works for me.
Don't know it just made me laugh for some reason. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
How did you do on your ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
That never helps! They change how they word everything all the time! I find if it is one of those control variables question, you should always put keep the temperature the same. Works for me.
Don't know it just made me laugh for some reason. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, sorry I was thinking of chemistry :tongue: In chemistry, they always have a question about how the person could improve their experiment. I've learnt that they always want people to write about taking more measurements, so they can take a mean/average in order to improve the repeatability/reproducibility of their results xD
Lol, thanks :tongue:

Original post by WASG
How did you do on your ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only know my Biology result, and I don't even know the mark :frown: I got an A*.
How about you?
Has anyone got any challenging questions from any unit? I posted earlier on the revision thread but no one seems to replying to my post.

Regards,

SS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silentshadows
Has anyone got any challenging questions from any unit? I posted earlier on the revision thread but no one seems to replying to my post.

Regards,

SS

Posted from TSR Mobile

The revision thread is useless, all they do is procrastinate. I'd suggest you make your own thread, like an AQA based science question thread. I do AQA science too btw :h:
The revision thread is useless, all they do is procrastinate. I'd suggest you make your own thread, like an AQA based science question thread. I do AQA science too btw :h:
Haha, I've seen :tongue:. Great suggestion, can't believe I didn't think of it myself! :s-smilie: How are you finding the course so far?
Reply 14
Ohh, sorry I was thinking of chemistry :tongue: In chemistry, they always have a question about how the person could improve their experiment. I've learnt that they always want people to write about taking more measurements, so they can take a mean/average in order to improve the repeatability/reproducibility of their results xD
Lol, thanks :tongue:

Only know my Biology result, and I don't even know the mark :frown: I got an A*.
How about you?

I got high A possibly Low A*.

I only do this spec for Biology for chemistry and physics I do igcse. What are genotype sand phenotypes? Can't find it anywhere.
Reply 15
Original post by silentshadows

Regards,

SS

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you've looked at the B3 june 2013 paper, there are a lot of hard questions on there IMO like the 6 marker on farming which is not even on the spec unless I missed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
If you've looked at the B3 june 2013 paper, there are a lot of hard questions on there IMO like the 6 marker on farming which is not even on the spec unless I missed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello again xD
Yep, it's in the spec, in the last topic- Humans and the environment. What textbook do you use? :smile:
Original post by WASG
I got high A possibly Low A*.

I only do this spec for Biology for chemistry and physics I do igcse. What are genotype sand phenotypes? Can't find it anywhere.

Genotypes are the genetic make up of a particular characteristic, whereas phenotypes are the outward, physical look of a characteristic :h:
Reply 18
Oh thanks and I use the CGP revision guide which has been good on everything else but I still don't see any mention of farming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
Oh thanks and I use the CGP revision guide which has been good on everything else but I still don't see any mention of farming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, that's the problem. I stopped using CGP because it doesn't cover everything, and not in enough detail either. Nelson Thornes is the way to go :yes:

Latest