Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Biology B2 and B3 13th May 2014 watch

ReputationRep:
    The exam is exactly a week away. Any tips on B2 or B3?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have this exam too! I'd say that for revision, use a text book to write out notes, then quiz yourself on those notes! Then after that, try past papers. In the exam just be methodical, and try explain things in detail. Just apply what you have learnt and make sure you are getting all the marks covered in your answers

ReputationRep:
    Watch mygcsesxience videos that what I do and take notes re read got A for my chemistry past paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thats*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have the cgp book but the how science works questions are so annoying and always loose marks on these. Really want an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    Yes I have the cgp book but the how science works questions are so annoying and always loose marks on these. Really want an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean! The how science works questions irritate me so much, ugh -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean! The how science works questions irritate me so much, ugh -_-
    IKR any tips on it then? By the way I like your name

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    IKR any tips on it then? By the way I like your name

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing to do other than to memorise the way they want you to answer then by looking at the mark scheme.
    Thanks Any particular reason why btw? xD

ReputationRep:
    That never helps! They change how they word everything all the time! I find if it is one of those control variables question, you should always put keep the temperature the same. Works for me.
    Don't know it just made me laugh for some reason. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you do on your ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    That never helps! They change how they word everything all the time! I find if it is one of those control variables question, you should always put keep the temperature the same. Works for me.
    Don't know it just made me laugh for some reason. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh, sorry I was thinking of chemistry In chemistry, they always have a question about how the person could improve their experiment. I've learnt that they always want people to write about taking more measurements, so they can take a mean/average in order to improve the repeatability/reproducibility of their results xD
    Lol, thanks

(Original post by WASG)
    How did you do on your ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only know my Biology result, and I don't even know the mark I got an A*.
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any challenging questions from any unit? I posted earlier on the revision thread but no one seems to replying to my post.

Regards,

SS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silentshadows)
    Has anyone got any challenging questions from any unit? I posted earlier on the revision thread but no one seems to replying to my post.

Regards,

SS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The revision thread is useless, all they do is procrastinate. I'd suggest you make your own thread, like an AQA based science question thread. I do AQA science too btw

ReputationRep:
    The revision thread is useless, all they do is procrastinate. I'd suggest you make your own thread, like an AQA based science question thread. I do AQA science too btw
    Haha, I've seen . Great suggestion, can't believe I didn't think of it myself! How are you finding the course so far?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, sorry I was thinking of chemistry In chemistry, they always have a question about how the person could improve their experiment. I've learnt that they always want people to write about taking more measurements, so they can take a mean/average in order to improve the repeatability/reproducibility of their results xD
    Lol, thanks

Only know my Biology result, and I don't even know the mark I got an A*.
    How about you?
    I got high A possibly Low A*.

I only do this spec for Biology for chemistry and physics I do igcse. What are genotype sand phenotypes? Can't find it anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silentshadows)

Regards,

SS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you've looked at the B3 june 2013 paper, there are a lot of hard questions on there IMO like the 6 marker on farming which is not even on the spec unless I missed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    If you've looked at the B3 june 2013 paper, there are a lot of hard questions on there IMO like the 6 marker on farming which is not even on the spec unless I missed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello again xD
    Yep, it's in the spec, in the last topic- Humans and the environment. What textbook do you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    I got high A possibly Low A*.

I only do this spec for Biology for chemistry and physics I do igcse. What are genotype sand phenotypes? Can't find it anywhere.
    Genotypes are the genetic make up of a particular characteristic, whereas phenotypes are the outward, physical look of a characteristic

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks and I use the CGP revision guide which has been good on everything else but I still don't see any mention of farming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    Oh thanks and I use the CGP revision guide which has been good on everything else but I still don't see any mention of farming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, that's the problem. I stopped using CGP because it doesn't cover everything, and not in enough detail either. Nelson Thornes is the way to go :yes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.