The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Manexopi
Maybe I've done so many papers I don't remember which year is which xD I copied out the mark schemes for that particular question so I'll be ready for it lol

Yh I just hated that one, and its the kind of thing they might test since lots of people, inc me(!) consider it kind of an unimportant topic
Original post by Bilalnaseerr

Also, do you need to know how a biogas generator and how biofermenters works?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by ComputeiT
Also, do you need to know how a biogas generator works?

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what about biofuels?
Reply 44
Original post by ComputeiT
what about biofuels?

Yep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I think the 6 marker will be one of the following, these are quoted from the specification:
Evaluate the use and development of using artificial aids to breathing including the use of artificial ventilators.
Analyse and evaluate the conditions that affect water loss in a plant.
Given data and question will be, evaluate the claims of manufacturers about sports drinks - about whether they hydrate better then water and all that stuff.
Evaluate the use of stents, artificial hearts and heart valves.
Evaluate the advantage and disadvantages of treating kidney failure with dialysis or kidney transplant
For the second section of B3 that incorporates geography topics if u look at the spec there are questions there that could be asked. These are just gueses of what may come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
My targets an A*. My biology teacher said its likely that the grade boundaries will be slightly lower as normally people have modular exams so have four chances of sitting them (june and jan yr10 june and jan yr11) as we are taking all the topics at once, we may have lower boundaries for a star.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
^ yh that's what I've heard and idk what I could write if we get the ventilator one cause we never did it :/
Original post by Bilalnaseerr
What are you guys predicted going into the exam?😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

A, but I've been getting A* in all my mocks :smile:

What about you?
Original post by Luna_Annie
A, but I've been getting A* in all my mocks :smile:

What about you?

An A but I've got an A* on my ISA. By the way, how do you revise and how long have you been revising for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
I think an A but I have a chance of getting an A* as the bio department in my school have their own grade boundaries were you have to get 51/60 for an A* :/
I only started revising about 1 & 1/2 weeks ago, cause I was doing my computer science revision before that.
Mostly I have been doing past paper this weekend, and last weekend I revised by watching all of these videos (www.my-gcsescience.com), and making a sheet of colourful A4 notes for each one, then after I went back through them and added class and revision guide notes. :smile:
Reply 52
What do you guys think will come on the B2 exam???
Reply 53
Previous B3 grade boundaries have been ridiculously low. Last year it was apprently 36/60 for an A*.
Can anyone test me here? I need some testing on B2&3
Original post by kamrit45
What do you guys think will come on the B2 exam???

Many things will...

Hopefully alot bout Alleles and Genetic Disorders...
Original post by bencs25
Previous B3 grade boundaries have been ridiculously low. Last year it was apprently 36/60 for an A*.

Seriously? One sec, checking.
Original post by bencs25

Jeez, you're right. That's insane
Original post by thechemistress
Jeez, you're right. That's insane

You didn't answer the questions on the thread?
Original post by zhang-liao
You didn't answer the questions on the thread?

Yeah, by the time I saw your post, Maj had already posted underneath so I saw his answers :frown:

Latest