French Bac Watch

Sasa90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm moving in France during summer to do my studies there. I'm currently in Seconde or if you prefer, in 10th grade. My grades weren't really great this year and same for last year for universities in the US since they see all my 4 years of high school. Because of that, I changed my plan and decided to go in a university in the UK and ended up really liking it!

I know that universities in the US see all the 4 years of high school, but what about the UK? Are they going to see my 3ème, Seconde, Première (bac français and the other classes) & first semester of Terminale or only my Première & Terminale? (I hope they only see that though)
Are they going to see my bac or not? Because I know that the grades for the bac are given in July or something close to that. And what about the Bac blanc, are they going to see it too?
However, can you just tell me what they are going to see overall? Please. I really need help and knowing that they'll see my grades of Première will help me a lot to do great next year.
Finally, do they see ECs? I know that they don't, but I heard that doing something related to your major will help you a little bit.

Thank you so much! I'm new on this website and never tried it before. I hope I'll get some answers! :rolleyes:

PS : Feel free to tell me what one of your friend or you got in the Bac and got accepted into Oxbridge or another uni.
qwertyuiop1993
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Il vaudrait mieux poser ta question ici: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...24539&page=408

Là tu trouveras pas mal de français qui connaissent les démarches à suivre pour intégrer les universités britanniques.
Film
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sasa90)
Hi guys,

I'm moving in France during summer to do my studies there. I'm currently in Seconde or if you prefer, in 10th grade. My grades weren't really great this year and same for last year for universities in the US since they see all my 4 years of high school. Because of that, I changed my plan and decided to go in a university in the UK and ended up really liking it!

I know that universities in the US see all the 4 years of high school, but what about the UK? Are they going to see my 3ème, Seconde, Première (bac français and the other classes) & first semester of Terminale or only my Première & Terminale? (I hope they only see that though)
Are they going to see my bac or not? Because I know that the grades for the bac are given in July or something close to that. And what about the Bac blanc, are they going to see it too?
However, can you just tell me what they are going to see overall? Please. I really need help and knowing that they'll see my grades of Première will help me a lot to do great next year.
Finally, do they see ECs? I know that they don't, but I heard that doing something related to your major will help you a little bit.

Thank you so much! I'm new on this website and never tried it before. I hope I'll get some answers! :rolleyes:

PS : Feel free to tell me what one of your friend or you got in the Bac and got accepted into Oxbridge or another uni.
oxbridge , LSE 17 on BAC

st. Andrews. 16
warwick,Imperial,Bath,Exeter, UCL, Kings 15(can be 14 in some cases)
Notts, Bristol,Leeds,Sheffield,York. 14
Royal H.,Queen Mary, Sussex, 13
vic252
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is actually quite inaccurate, I got rejected from oxford and LSE with 19.02, but got into UCL, Durham and Warwick. I guess you improve your chances with the higher your bac results are. Oxbridge is always a long shot, and you can never know what will happen.
Film
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vic252)
That is actually quite inaccurate, I got rejected from oxford and LSE with 19.02, but got into UCL, Durham and Warwick. I guess you improve your chances with the higher your bac results are. Oxbridge is always a long shot, and you can never know what will happen.
These are the Bac scored that you need WHEN you get an offer. Just because you get a high Bac score does not mean you will get an offer.( I am assuming you applied after you took the Bac) There are 4 uni's where it is very difficult to get an offer, even if you are an excellent student. Oxbridge,LSE, and St. Andrews. WHEN, you get an offer, the BAC scores I mentioned are what you need, but can vary greatly by subject and situation. I know 2 people who got offers this year from Imperial and UCL, with only a 14 needed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (138)
18.13%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.32%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.99%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.35%

Watched Threads