The Student Room Group

Is it worth having a girlfriend during your A2s

I am currently in my AS year at a sixth form and i was wondering if it would be worth having a girlfriend during your A2s or if you should focus on your exams and revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My experience was that I came off worse than I would have done if I didn't have a girlfriend. However, my girlfriend was a psycho-possessive stalker crazy person, so its a fairly dramatic example...

I got BBC and went to Plymouth to do Psychology but I know that my potential was at least AAB. However, it's not all bad as I've doing okay and have got a good set of mates :smile: Some things in life are more important than grades.

If you do plan on getting a girlfriend at ANY point during your studies, make sure you both have a mutual understanding of each others' priorities. That way, if anything comes up that distracts either of you it will be more straightforward.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Is it worth having a girlfriend when you're in final year of uni? How about if you have a demanding career? Or what if you travel a lot?

There is no real ideal time and place to have a girlfriend because everyone has other responsibilities. Adding a girlfriend to your list of things to spend time on does put pressure on your other things, but as you get used to spending your time in a certain way it becomes normal and you can still spare the right amounts of time to do your work and things.
Don't see the point tbh, you're gonna most likely go to different unis then split up, focus on A2.
Reply 4
if she is also in A2 and really serious about her studies than yeah it would also be beneficial to you
My boyfriend always said I "saved" his A-levels because I am a nerd (he isn't) and I made his revision timetables and pushed him and motivated him etc. Noone before had really believed that he could do well, and he didn't either. He actually ended up taking a gap year and changing his university/degree because he got better grades, but moreover all of his aspirations and work ethic changed. Not a perspective you hear of a lot.

I would say, it depends on the girlfriend.

Also, sometimes just having someone significant in your life (depending how serious you are) can give you something to work for, and they can give you support for when you're tired of it all. I find my boyfriend an inspiration to work, and I'm also just happier since being with him, so it's gone both ways.

Also relationships don't have to end when you go to different universities.
Is this really how people make decisions? "I'm now at a point in my life where a moderate-intensity relationship would be manageable consonant with my other responsibilities and aspirations"...

Being 17 is not all about exams. It's also about being young and getting something out of life. Relationships are fantastic ways of finding out about ourselves and other people. It's also nice to get laid from time to time.

The whole "what's the point since you'll only split up" is painfully pessimistic and also guided by the belief that unless a relationship results in happy-ever-after it's been a failure and waste of time. I don't believe that's the case.

For God's sake people, you only live once!
Ok thanks for the replies. So if i am successful in getting a girlfriend that is serious about her A levels i would manage my time with her, revision and also spending time with my mates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Ok thanks for the replies. So if i am successful in getting a girlfriend that is serious about her A levels i would manage my time with her, revision and also spending time with my mates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, not necessarily serious about HER A levels, but a girlfriend that cares enough about you that she understands your need to study and do well.
Original post by beccagood95
Well, not necessarily serious about HER A levels, but a girlfriend that cares enough about you that she understands your need to study and do well.

Ok thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A2 might well be the most difficult year of your life so far but it's also the easiest year of the life you've yet to have.
It's worth it.Great stress reliever:yy:Sex on demand
Reply 12
I wouldn't try to get one if you don't already have someone in mind.

I had a boyfriend who was doing A2 while I was doing AS... and through out the relationship he was clear about the fact that he did not want a long distance relationship so we would be breaking up when he went away to uni. He then got all upset when I dumped him at the beginning of summer and he told my friends that he loved me etc etc. haa..... Don't go doing something like that!!!
You'll get a bj each time you're feeling like ****, which you're gonna need a lot at A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending