The Student Room Group

On waiting list for first choice but have an offer for my second choice.

Hi,
I could do with some advice. My first choice uni rejected me on ucas but I have had a letter today asking if I want to go on waiting list. I have a firm offer for my second choice. Can I accept 2nd choice on ucas and also go on waiting list for my first choice uni in case I get an offer ? Thanks
Reply 1
What university was your first?
This sounds complex, especially in light of the impending deadlines. I suggest you ring UCAS in the morning.
Reply 3
Original post by josier15
Hi,
I could do with some advice. My first choice uni rejected me on ucas but I have had a letter today asking if I want to go on waiting list. I have a firm offer for my second choice. Can I accept 2nd choice on ucas and also go on waiting list for my first choice uni in case I get an offer ? Thanks

Have you already replied to your offers (selcted a Firm and an Insurance)? If not, what is the deadline shown on UCAS Track?
Reply 4
Original post by JAIYEKO
What university was your first?

Coventry
Reply 5
Coventry

At least specify what course, and do Uni's know whether they're their first choise?
Reply 6
Original post by All-in
Have you already replied to your offers (selcted a Firm and an Insurance)? If not, what is the deadline shown on UCAS Track?

No, I have till early june to decide. I only have the one choice on ucas (no insurance) as the other one is officially a rejection. I will definitely call ucas in morning although Im sure they will say u cant do both.
Reply 7
No, I have till early june to decide. I only have the one choice on ucas (no insurance) as the other one is officially a rejection. I will definitely call ucas in morning although Im sure they will say u cant do both.

Ok, so my understanding is that you have applied to two choices; one has made you an offer, and the other one has rejected you (but sent you an email stating you are on a waiting list)

If the above is correct, then you don't really have a problem, because your deadline to reply to your choices is the 5th of June.

If you want to go to the uni that has placed you on the waiting list, then all you need to do is reply to the uni confirming your interest (also perhaps stating that you would firm them in case of an offer), but that you would require a decision within the 5th of June. If they make you an offer, Track will update to reflect this, changing from Unsuccessful to Offer. You will then be able to select that choice as your Firm.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi, Thanks for that. Unfortunately they are saying I may not get an offer from them till September so I think I will have to accept my firm offer as I cant risk it.
Hi, Thanks for that. Unfortunately they are saying I may not get an offer from them till September so I think I will have to accept my firm offer as I cant risk it.

Hi, I know this thread is like really old but I was wondering what happened in the end with your choices because I am in the same position too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending