The Student Room Group

Are you a feminist?

I'm all for gender equality, but I wouldn't call myself a feminist. What about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Equality for the win :biggrin:
Reply 2
Yes, in that I believe men should have the same equal rights as women.
I do, I believe in equal rights
Yes, I don't stop calling myself such because of the man-haters for the same reason I don't stop calling myself an atheist because of the religion-haters.
Not really, no. I believe in equality of opportunity but I believe modern (post-)feminism has gone beyond that and into trying to force equality of outcome and beyond, and I don't necessarily support that.

I support traditional 'normal' feminism though, in those countries which haven't yet achieved gender equality.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
I would never hesitate to call myself a feminist. I believe in equal rights for women. That is all being a feminist is.
I don't like the word 'Feminist' and probably wouldn't call myself one

But i support what it stands for, i believe in equal rights for both men and women :redface:
Reply 8
I'm a feminist, just not a radical one.
I /am/ pretty rad though (if I do say so myself)
Reply 9
I believe that both genders should be equal and have equal opportunities, and that people should be free of any gendered expectations. I don't know if that makes me a feminist.
Original post by fizzers
I'm a feminist, just not a radical one.
I /am/ pretty rad though (if I do say so myself)

So what's the difference between you and a non-feminist supporter of gender equality?
Original post by ilem
I believe that both genders should be equal and have equal opportunities, and that people should be free of any gendered expectations. I don't know if that makes me a feminist.

Yes that makes you a feminist. Just like me. :biggrin:
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
So what's the difference between you and a non-feminist supporter of gender equality?

From what I understand, nothing much. (Didn't reply saying that I'm a supporter of gender equality/egalitarianism only because the question specifically refers to feminism)
Reply 13
I think its sad that some of you dont want to use the title feminist for the fear of what others think about you.
remember, theres a difference between a liberal and a radical feminist.
yes, i am a feminist and i am proud to say so.
No, I'm not.
Original post by Maid Marian
No, I'm not.

Why not? Don't you believe in equality? :dontknow:
Reply 16
Nope.
feminist and proud
Definately not a feminist.

Egalitarian is the word for people who want equal rights right? If so thats what I am
Yes, of course.

Quick Reply

Latest