Constant underlying feeling that I'm going to die soon Watch

VlinderSkye
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sketcher66)
I feel better knowing other people are feeling the EXACT things I am. I am hoping this is just some form of stress or anxiety that we're feeling. I also called my doctor thinking I have ovarian cancer! Can you believe how much we're thinking alike. I hope it's all in our heads! Let me know how your doctor appt goes.
I hope so too! (And I'm happy I'm not alone in this also)

My doctor called me back and she thinks my body going crazy (migraines, high fever, etc.) and me having multiple periods in 1 week, is because I had my IUD taken out last October. She said that, even though my period had been very regular since it was taken out, my body does have to adjust and that could still happen now. She thinks the hormones may also have caused me to freak out to this extend.

She also told me to NOT google symptoms next time, but just give her office a call right away >.> That that is what she is for and Googling will pretty much always give you the worst possibilities (like cancer/miscarriage).

She did tell me if I keep having these symptoms and/or if I keep feeling unsure about my health and panicky, I should definitely call again to make an appointment.

I do still feel like I'll die young, but I'm not panicking about it as much right now, so I'm letting it rest for now. If I have another panick attack, I'll make sure to call again.

(Btw; the ambulance was for one of my neighbors. They didn't take them though, so I guess they could help them on the spot)
Texxers
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So.. It's been more than 3 years now. Did you die?
Sketcher66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VlinderSkye)
I hope so too! (And I'm happy I'm not alone in this also)

My doctor called me back and she thinks my body going crazy (migraines, high fever, etc.) and me having multiple periods in 1 week, is because I had my IUD taken out last October. She said that, even though my period had been very regular since it was taken out, my body does have to adjust and that could still happen now. She thinks the hormones may also have caused me to freak out to this extend.

She also told me to NOT google symptoms next time, but just give her office a call right away >.> That that is what she is for and Googling will pretty much always give you the worst possibilities (like cancer/miscarriage).

She did tell me if I keep having these symptoms and/or if I keep feeling unsure about my health and panicky, I should definitely call again to make an appointment.

I do still feel like I'll die young, but I'm not panicking about it as much right now, so I'm letting it rest for now. If I have another panick attack, I'll make sure to call again.

(Btw; the ambulance was for one of my neighbors. They didn't take them though, so I guess they could help them on the spot)
That's great news! I've always felt I was going to die young too. I really think because we all feel this way - it is a form of anxiety. I'd love to know how to stop feeling this way though. I hate it.
Sketcher66
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gunny_Hank)
Sorry I'm not a student I'm actually a Grandfather. I was looking on the internet for people who have the same symptoms I have had my whole life, and always being told it's your imagination! here take this pill or that pill, never really finding complete relief. So here is what I believe happened with me, I was thinking about writing a whole book from when I believe my life changed up to the present. I’ll start my story at the time I believe all my troubles started. It was 1957 I was 7 years old, I met a girl in my elementary school class who sat next to me, and her name was Nancy F. I think the 1st time I really started liking her was a day when we had a bomb drill. In 1957 we were always told that bombs could be dropped on us at any time, so in school we would have bomb drills. We would all go into the hallways against the walls and duck down and cover our heads. This day Nancy was beside me and I think she was really scared; we all were but this day she took my hand and squeezed it tight until the drill was over. After that day we became inseparable and she was my 1st girlfriend. We were always together in school or out. We would do the normal things little kids who liked each other would do, like you know kiss and things. Of course we were curious about each other and explored things I won’t mention but you can use your imagination. We seemed more like adults than 7 year olds. One day we went to the penny store and bought 2 penny friendship rings and went to my house and my 10 year old Sister Sandra performed a wedding ceremony, so after that we were just like the grownups, married. So we figured we could do all the things married grownups do “Again use your imagination” We even built a little house with brush we gathered and made it like a little igloo with a little entrance just big enough for us to fit into. We went there when we wanted to be alone so we could kiss and things. It was that way all summer. Then it was time to go back to school. One Sunday I with some of my guy friends going to play baseball and Nancy showed up across the street and wanted to go to our little house, I said I was going to go play ball with the guys and I would see her later, she looked sad and said OK. "I never did see her that Sunday" I have never forgotten the look on her face that day for all these years. Back to school the next day so I thought I would see her then. I was sitting in my seat but Nancy was not there sitting next to me. Then the teacher said class I have some sad news one of your classmates Nancy F has passed away. I sat there for a moment kind of in shock not believing what I had just heard. It couldn’t be true I just saw her the day before. I jumped up ran out of the school ran all the way home and told my mom that Nancy had died she said Punk “a nickname my Mom gave me” you should not say things like that. I told her the teacher told us, so she called Nancy’s mom on the phone and it was true, Nancy died Sunday night. She had Leukemia which none of us knew. Kids started talking about what happens to you if you have leukemia how blood will come out of your eyes your nose your ears and your mouth and then you die. You have to remember I was 7 years old it was 1957 so kids must have heard that somewhere, there was no internet to look it up so you just believed it. They also said you could catch it like a cold if you kissed someone that had it. So I was terrified that I was going to catch it and die too. My Mom assured me that you could not catch it, but try to convince a 7 year old. Then there was a viewing. At 7 years old I didn’t even know what that was but my Mom made me go. There was Nancy at the front of the room lying in what looked like a little bed. I sat in the chair just staring at her then her dad said you better go up and say goodbye to her you will never see her again. I didn’t want to go up but was pretty much forced to. When I got up close to her it looked like she was just sleeping and I could swear I saw her breathing. Needless to say it was very scary for a 7 year old. I asked my mom what they were going to do with her now? She said they will take her to the cemetery and bury her. I said I don’t want to go there I want to go home. Thankfully she didn’t make me go. I started having problems right away. I would have nightmares about being buried and seeing Nancy lying next to me. I would wake up screaming, my Mom would come and say it was just a bad dream a nightmare, but what 7 year old really understands what a nightmare is, it seemed so real. Every time I had a nosebleed I thought I was going to die. Then one day not too long after Nancy died, I went to the bathroom and started peeing blood. I panicked and thought I was having one of those bad dreams again, but I was awake. I had to show my mom, it was still coming out blood. In my head I thought they lied to me about not catching leukemia by just kissing so I thought for sure I had it. I had to go to a hospital far enough away that no one could visit. I was there for a week never seeing any family. This was back in 1957, we did not have a car we were poor so there was no way anyone could come visit, we didn't even have a phone back then. The Dr.'s were doing all kinds of tests on me everyday, but when I asked what they were doing they wouldn't tell me, I would not have understood anyhow at 7 years old. Well after a week I finally got to go home, the bleeding had stopped. They said they thought the bleeding came from a kick to my stomach a week earlier by my Sister by accident while we were all playing. But I still didn't believe that story. I will stop here, before I write a whole book from 1957 to the present. 67 and I'm still here but trust me I have been through ALL the feelings/symptoms everyone talks about going through. The advice I would give all of you is stop worrying just live your life to the fullest everyday think of good things always positive, or you may wake up someday an old man or old woman and regret all the worrying and grief you put yourself through for nothing "wasted years". Don't even think about dying, we ALL die some day, just enjoy everyday!! Maybe I will write a book and fill in how this has affected my whole life and the things I went through all because of this experience. Strange things have happened in my 67 years, I will tell you one, The girl I ended up marrying her name is you guessed it Nancy. Gunny_Hank
Wow. What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing and giving us some reassurance.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
I have generalised anxiety disorder, and I'm exactly the same way... it's terrifying...
Sketcher66
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have generalised anxiety disorder, and I'm exactly the same way... it's terrifying...
I'm sorry to say that I'm happy to hear that! Just because each time someone says it - I feel more normal about it. Thank you so much for sharing.
maggie 1988
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi was wondering how yous are felling as am so scared to die n thats watt my symptoms are it feels so real like its just going to happen any min in it scares me a lot am scared yo sleep in case a die a wake up in thats girst thing it comes in ma head them a feel dizzy lightheadeac n scared n case am jist about to die any tips watt to do a have been to cbt to help cope but nothing docs whant give me tablets as makes me worse
Sketcher66
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maggie 1988)
hi was wondering how yous are felling as am so scared to die n thats watt my symptoms are it feels so real like its just going to happen any min in it scares me a lot am scared yo sleep in case a die a wake up in thats girst thing it comes in ma head them a feel dizzy lightheadeac n scared n case am jist about to die any tips watt to do a have been to cbt to help cope but nothing docs whant give me tablets as makes me worse
I'm so sorry you're going through this too! I haven't found anything to make me stop thinking about it. But know that this is just anxiety messing with your head. I'm finding this is so common. I feel so bad for you that you are afraid to sleep, etc... My best tip for you is that any time you feel this way - go do something. Everyone says they feel better when they're around people. Watch a good movie. Read a good book. Get your mind to pay attention to something else! Keep talking to other people that feel this way. Visit www.7cups.com and you can chat with other people or one on one with someone. I've found them to be helpful! Good luck to you. I'll be praying for you!
Yoelmarquez
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im 14 and i have the feeling everytime im excited for the future i feel like it wont happen because ill die soon maybe it because i believe. In good and i've been hearing a lot that gods coming and everything i've been planning will go to waste (like i have not experienced it all)
Sketcher66
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yoelmarquez)
Im 14 and i have the feeling everytime im excited for the future i feel like it wont happen because ill die soon maybe it because i believe. In good and i've been hearing a lot that gods coming and everything i've been planning will go to waste (like i have not experienced it all)
I'm sorry you're feeling that! I think a lot of us can't see our future. I know how horrible this feeling is. Know you're not alone and that this is just fear, not reality.
Foreverconfu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OMG when I was younger I felt 100% like that I thought I would die from something so I couldn’t get married or have kids and I couldn’t incision it so I didn’t think jt would happen but try not to think you’ll die just imagine how you’ll get there like marriage etc aka find something to take your mind off it xx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Zaramara12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I to am exactly the same!! All of a sudden?? I’m frightened to go to the Drs in case they tell me something? I collapsed when getting out of bed luckily my fella put me back that’s never happened before I just don’t understand why I’m thinking this way?? I never used to be scared of dying and now I am???
Corey1308
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Could someone help me!!I'm 27 with 2 children.I have this impending doom feeling all the time. We're I constantly feel I'm not going to see them grow up 😔I think I have akin cancer stomach cancer alsorts I feel as if I'm going to get diagnosed with some form off cancer and die... I spent nights just going over it and over it in my head... then my mind starts playing tricks on me and I start getting pains then I can't sleep...I cry so much due to the feat off leaving my boys behind with out there mummy and it breaks my heart... but I feel I'm the only one.
Calienoelle
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I was very young when I had a very strong feeling I am going to die before 35. This feeling has become less as I became older ( and outlived my father). 29 now, still have a weird feeling, but I don't let it dictate my life. I'm not religious, but reading books about the struggle to create meaning from life can help.
BeMee
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have always been like this as far back as I remember ...maybe 7 or 8, maybe earlier an I just don’t remember. I am still alive at 53. I would not consider it an anxiety, it just situations I imagine..about where I am at the time and what could result. Then I go deeper than most. An example of how often it happens, I live outside of the city ..30 mins. I drive on a major highway everyday for those 30 mins to go to work. And every time I travel the highway, it enters my mind. I could die and how it could happen. Now here is the thing. I feel this every time I am on 5h highway going to work, not 3 out of 5 days , or every time the weather is bad but every time ...every day. And that is just a driving example. In fact I looked this topic up tonight because I was lying here flipping through Facebook and thought ...I could die right now ..have heart failure with all the work I take on. Then I thought ...man I wonder if others think like this, I know my husband doesn’t. And this is how I came across your question. I am still around...so it has not caused misfortune and well it’s not anxiety, it’s just there. Maybe it’s a condition or process.
AugustoZC
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Look, I just had the same problem for 2 months until a couple of hours, and what I realized was the following:

Look, the nice thing about death is that we cannot control it, sure, if you are healthy you can postpone it for later a bit, if you just drink diet coke and eat burgers every day you will postpone it for a sooner date, and if you commit suicide, well, you are basically saying hi to death.

But besides this point, you can't control death. You can think as much as you want, you can get as worried as you want, but the truth is, that by doing that you are not making your death sooner either later.

And that's the nice thing, so it's a waste to get worried about your death, you ARE going to die anyway, sooner or later, so why worry it about it? You can't do anything about it! So just enjoy the ride, and enjoy being alive!
Marierierie
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey, I'm 15 and I feel exactly the same as you and it kind of makes me feel, like, idk, a bit alright? Because someone at my age feels the same way as I do. I literally can't make plans because I have this feeling they won't happen because of the same reason as yours. I'm curious how you're doing as of now. Best regards to you.
SEPARATION1234
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I feel the same way. But I figured out its me just wanting to get away and die but without actually killing myself
nikkyv203
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've actually felt this for a lot of my life. When I was younger and suffered from untreated adolescent depression, i thought i was going to die at 23. In fact i was absolutely sure of it, despite finding my soul mate and repeatedly asking her to marry me. I shrugged it off. Dead by 23, not bad, forever young. At 23 i did not die, i finally solidified a romantic relationship with the love of my life, my soul mate, and my wife. What im saying is you could be fixated on death because you have the wrong perception. Or severe underlying anxiety lol good luck!
Fossillife
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Literally me omg. I get this all the time and I feel it a lot about my family as well. Like if my mum goes out, I'll be like damn i should i told her I love her because that was probably the last time I'll see her. Also I have this one bit of road near where I live that whenever I drive on it, I'm constantly thinking I'll die on it. And I often think about how I'll die in my sleep when I go to sleep and think I won't wake up.

It really messes with you, I get that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (215)
60.06%
No (143)
39.94%

Watched Threads