username1375941
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 10, doing my GCSEs and what not. I don't feel too stressed or pressured about any subject too much, besides English. The other subjects I can learn and understand but English is a problem.

I just simply cannot understand what we are doing and what the text is suppose to mean. I'm not the sort of "creative" person who can get ideas from text, for me, there has to be a CORRECT answer. I struggle when there really isn't sort of a correct answer but we just have to explore our ideas through.

I am currently doing the Edexcel Literature (I could be wrong and it might be Language.) and we are studying the play "Educating Rita". I understand what happens in the play, but we need to analysis it and go beyond the text and find meanings and links etc. We have to do a controlled assessment (an essay) on the question "Does Rita and Frank find better songs to sing?" . I'm struggling to create a plan, find quotes and get unique ideas.

I've asked my classmates and they feel that they do not understand the text either. I've tried asking the teacher but it feels like she does not want to help me.

I would appreciate any help given and can provide any information if my post is unclear.

Thank you,
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
google Mr Bruff, just do it..
la95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by XenobladeEmpol)
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 10, doing my GCSEs and what not. I don't feel too stressed or pressured about any subject too much, besides English. The other subjects I can learn and understand but English is a problem.

I just simply cannot understand what we are doing and what the text is suppose to mean. I'm not the sort of "creative" person who can get ideas from text, for me, there has to be a CORRECT answer. I struggle when there really isn't sort of a correct answer but we just have to explore our ideas through.

I am currently doing the Edexcel Literature (I could be wrong and it might be Language.) and we are studying the play "Educating Rita". I understand what happens in the play, but we need to analysis it and go beyond the text and find meanings and links etc. We have to do a controlled assessment (an essay) on the question "Does Rita and Frank find better songs to sing?" . I'm struggling to create a plan, find quotes and get unique ideas.

I've asked my classmates and they feel that they do not understand the text either. I've tried asking the teacher but it feels like she does not want to help me.

I would appreciate any help given and can provide any information if my post is unclear.

Thank you,
Hello! Drop me a PM and perhaps I can use an example text to show you the sorts of things you can pick out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.71%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.88%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.15%
I need help with my personal statement (53)
38.97%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.21%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.35%

Watched Threads