Harian96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm revising for my upcoming Tort exam though my resources used in revision aid is considerably lacking compared to my other three modules this semester.

For the essay section I'm looking into:

• Medical negligence
  • Property tort (nuisance),

For the Problem Question I'm looking into:

• Occupiers liability

And another topic which may come in either section:

• Psychiatric injury with regards to changes recommended by the law commission

I would be really grateful if anyone could offer me at least the core points of the above topics, tort law is a particular weak spot of mine and it would be most helpful if I could get at least a basic picture of these topics.

So sorry for being such a pain, I really am, but I am in dire need of assistance from the law student community.

Thank you

tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you consulted a textbook like McBride and Bagshaw, or Street on torts?
Harian96
Rep:
?
(Original post by tehforum)
Have you consulted a textbook like McBride and Bagshaw, or Street on torts?
I do use Q&A Exam Practice books to feel more confident about facing the exam...unfortunately I have been unable to procure one on the subject of Tort Law as my university library surprisingly does not possess it despite having all others.
Harian96
Rep:
?
Any rough outlines of the above topics would be very helpful.
Sammy555
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Law commission proposed a change to the change to the secondary victim category.
vhowkins
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why don't you look on sites such as e-lawresources/sixthformlaw?
Theflyingbarney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With the psychiatric injury bit, the obvious place to start is with the Law Commission's proposals themselves - just google them and they should be fairly quick to find, and if you're short for time you can probably just read the executive summary.

As for the rest, I'd be amazed if your university didn't have some kind of Tort textbook; they might not have the specific one you want but something is a lot better than nothing. As tehforum suggests, I'd go for McBride and Bagshaw if you can get your hands on it, as it's sophisticated but to-the-point (although I'm perhaps biased given that McBride is my director of studies), but failing that there are plenty of other good books out there - Winfield and Jolowicz is another decent option.

Failing all that there are some adequate websites out there, you could always google it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads