How to stop everything falling off my shoulder

Watch
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello!

This is a bit of an odd question but it's a bit irritating really. ALL my clothes seem to fall off on my left shoulder, which makes it really wonky. When I'm wearing cardigans especially the cardigan falls off my arm

Probably best to show in this (Very corny, sorry) pic - this happens with ALL my cardigans. I try and roll them up to my elbow but it still falls off my shoulder!

Name:  10341550_257902981059940_7304827936599547173_n.jpg
Views: 3286
Size:  80.4 KB

I would ask if I were buying the wrong size but when I button the cardigans up they fit fine although I keep noticing so many of my clothes are falling off my shoulder.

Could it be something to do with my posture?! Or my height? (5"3)

Any suggestions very welcome!
Mav455
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Get them fitted? Or maybe use fashionable clips to hold them up? Sorry cant think of any more other than that
CurlyWurlyChocky
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sellotape and glue
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Small frame usually. I have this problem too because I have very narrow shoulders
Jmaesparker
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You can use pins to manage them. its the best option i guess.
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
Small frame usually. I have this problem too because I have very narrow shoulders
This. My mum and I both have the same problem due to our narrow shoulders. I can't suggest a solution though sorry OP
Yukisheng
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ask a tailors for their professoal suggestion will be a good choice,they have solved similar promble for me ,though i also can;t konw how
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by TheAdventuresOf?)
Sellotape and glue
Haha useful :dry:
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
(Original post by gemmam)
This. My mum and I both have the same problem due to our narrow shoulders. I can't suggest a solution though sorry OP
Thanks! (sorry for late reply). I don't think I'm the same though as I'm pretty broad and not thin. I still have this problem, it's SO annoying!
Man.bear.pig
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SiaSiaSia)
Hello!

This is a bit of an odd question but it's a bit irritating really. ALL my clothes seem to fall off on my left shoulder, which makes it really wonky. When I'm wearing cardigans especially the cardigan falls off my arm

Probably best to show in this (Very corny, sorry) pic - this happens with ALL my cardigans. I try and roll them up to my elbow but it still falls off my shoulder!

Name:  10341550_257902981059940_7304827936599547173_n.jpg
Views: 3286
Size:  80.4 KB

I would ask if I were buying the wrong size but when I button the cardigans up they fit fine although I keep noticing so many of my clothes are falling off my shoulder.

Could it be something to do with my posture?! Or my height? (5"3)

Any suggestions very welcome!
yea your shoulders are looking a bit round and not very broad. you could do some lifting and posture exercises for some differences, albeit minor. or you can get them tailored to you specifically which could take time and money so you're probably just gonna have to do an extra bit of shopping but I got broad dude shoulders so actually why am I even in here omg.
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
(sorry for late reply)
lol
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
(Original post by Man.bear.pig)
yea your shoulders are looking a bit round and not very broad. you could do some lifting and posture exercises for some differences, albeit minor. or you can get them tailored to you specifically which could take time and money so you're probably just gonna have to do an extra bit of shopping but I got broad dude shoulders so actually why am I even in here omg.
I don't know what possessed me to put a photo on a public forum, I was obviously feeling very stressed about it a year ago, ahhaha! Hmm, maybe I should when I'm out of insanely crippling student debt :cry:
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
(Original post by + polarity -)
lol
Shut it you, this is my yearly log in!
Man.bear.pig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I don't know what possessed me to put a photo on a public forum, I was obviously feeling very stressed about it a year ago, ahhaha! Hmm, maybe I should when I'm out of insanely crippling student debt :cry:
oh a yr ago.
oh ****.

:getmecoat:
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
(Original post by Man.bear.pig)
oh a yr ago.
oh ****.

:getmecoat:
It's still a valid problem that I struggle with!
Man.bear.pig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It's still a valid problem that I struggle with!
Oh alright, so get to Mr. Singh then. There's gotta be a tailor nearby you called Mr. Singh :holmes: lol
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Perhaps work on developing your posture if you have rounded shoulders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
(Original post by myblueheaven339)
Perhaps work on developing your posture if you have rounded shoulders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok? But they fall down on that one shoulder no matter how I stand?
Fani Solakis
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sew in silicone straps from bras allong shoulder seams.
ingytwins
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ah now that is a good idea! I too have the same problem and it drives me insane. I will try this silicone idea and let you know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads