The Student Room Group

I am a single female who is 22 year old who never had a relationship

I am always single and to this day still am. It's really bothering me now, whereas before I didn't care. Guys are just not interested in me, I never get approached. I've been told by a few family and friends that I am good looking but I don't think I am If I was good looking I would have been approached by guys.:....(

Scroll to see replies

Isn't there a similar thread with over 300 replies

Anyways get out there
Reply 2
Approach them yourself
post a pic
Are you Muslim by any chance?
Reply 5
I'm a single male, also 22 years old, who has also never had a relationship.

Had so many chances to take things further to a relationship, but when I was younger I completely botched those chances. I seemed to have a knack for it... Think I've matured enough now to have a proper relationship, but now I'm graduated it's so much harder to meet nice single people!
Do you expect to be spoonfed? Approach some guys, why do guys have to approach you? Sign up for tinder or something.
Original post by Tinglay
Do you expect to be spoonfed? Approach some guys, why do guys have to approach you? Sign up for tinder or something.

Expect the "it's a guys job to approach first blah blah" from OP
Reply 8
We seem to have an influx of posts atm where girls think it's entirely the guy's job to approach. I understand your point of view, but if you want something, go and get it. People will like that you seem interested, they won't judge you for approaching or think you are desperate. You should become comfortable with initiating things yourself and become in control of your social life.
Reply 9
Original post by Guy Secretan
post a pic

Not going to post a pic of myself on a public forum
Original post by Orthonym
We seem to have an influx of posts atm where girls think it's entirely the guy's job to approach. I understand your point of view, but if you want something, go and get it. People will like that you seem interested, they won't judge you for approaching or think you are desperate. You should become comfortable with initiating things yourself and become in control of your social life.

And get rejected, that's just going to bring down my confidence.
Original post by Anonymous
Not going to post a pic of myself on a public forum

That's your problem then, you have to make the world aware of your availability.

the same happens to guys, you think they love being rejected? it's soul crushing no matter your gender. why do women love letting men take all the risks in a world where they scream about how all they want is to be equal? equal in rights but not responsibilities?
Original post by EatAndRevise
That's your problem then, you have to make the world aware of your availability.

Some guys know that I'm single put they never approach me
Some guys know that I'm single put they never approach me

Not all guys fancy every girl they see....
It's kind of hard to really say anything to you without seeing a picture, sorry :/
I know being rejected will bring down your confidence but as the cliche goes, "You'll never know if you don't try."
I've spent quite a few miserable nights wondering why no guys approach me but you're looking at it all wrong. If you want something, go get it!
If it doesn't work out, at least you can say you tried instead of hiding in your room doing nothing about it. It's not the end of the world. :smile:

Must suck having an attitude like that.
Reply 18
Original post by xDave-
Approach them yourself

This.

Zero Sympathy.
Original post by Xyloid
This.

Zero Sympathy.

Do you know just how hard it is to approach someone when they dont show the slightest sign of being interested? Especially when you're 22 and have zero experience because no one will give you the time of day?
I can empathise, I'm in the same situation myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending