emma7645
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm revising for my Ethics exam and have no resources on Genetic Engineering... In truth I'm not really sure what we need to know about it since it is a vast topic. The specification is highly vague surrounding it as well. Does anybody have anything to help me, please?
Joey435
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In regards to genetic engineering, we have covered GM Crops, the genetic modification of animals so for example the use of 'pharming' the idea of growing organs for human use inside of animals, gene line therapy, stem cells, saviour siblings, cloning so Dolly the Sheep etc. Also knowing the difference between embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells, the idea that embryonic stem cells could be used to recover any part of the body, meanwhile adult stem cells can only recover the part of the body which they have been made in. Another type of genetic therapy would be somatic cell therapy. Then the application of theories such as Kant, Sit ethics etc.

Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads