The Student Room Group

3X AS EMPA help?

I've got my written test for my empa and I've been given the list of things I need to revise, but I dont know what "mass transport" covers.

Would I need to go through just gas exchange and water transport, or diffusion/active transport lung disease etc as well?
Original post by argonian
I've got my written test for my empa and I've been given the list of things I need to revise, but I dont know what "mass transport" covers.

Would I need to go through just gas exchange and water transport, or diffusion/active transport lung disease etc as well?

I think mass transport would cover those topics as well. Also, if plant biology is included (I don't know the board specifications), then the processes of translocation and transpiration would also be included.
Original post by Dynamo123
I think mass transport would cover those topics as well. Also, if plant biology is included (I don't know the board specifications), then the processes of translocation and transpiration would also be included.

Yea my tutor also gave me a list of these topics too. However she had made a diagram on what she thought was very likely to come up. She has mentioned on the diagram. The diagram basically reads that

Make sure that you know all your key terms. Such as standardisation and accuracy.
Look at transpiration and the factors affecting
Water through a root
magnification
xeropyhtes

they can literally relate to absolutely everything in unit 1 and 2:s-smilie:
Original post by David McDermid
Yea my tutor also gave me a list of these topics too. However she had made a diagram on what she thought was very likely to come up. She has mentioned on the diagram. The diagram basically reads that

Make sure that you know all your key terms. Such as standardisation and accuracy.
Look at transpiration and the factors affecting
Water through a root
magnification
xeropyhtes

they can literally relate to absolutely everything in unit 1 and 2:s-smilie:

You are right. This can relate to to further details. However, if you just grab the concepts, and stick to them, you will find that many topic are actually correlated.

It is better to prepare what you know already, and once you are done with that, try to tackle these topics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending