The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by coopertroopa03

12) No - I like to think I'm an accepting person, but as an atheist I don't think I could date someone who was religious.

How so? Say the guy goes to Church, Mosque, Temple, Synagogue or wherever to pray... How does that harm you?

Original post by Anonymous Coward
Answer to every question: As long as he's good looking, it doesn't matter. Just joking...

Not necessarily. Girls will obviously prefer a good looking guy > an ugly guy, but reality says otherwise.
Original post by 0xygen

Not necessarily. Girls will obviously prefer a good looking guy > an ugly guy, but reality says otherwise.

Read what you just quoted. but look closer :biggrin:
I was hoping for a more angry response from someone... A bit of a fail there.
Reply 62
Q1) Would you ever date a guy that's bald or with thinning hair? Never been attracted to someone bald so far, but you never know!
Q2) Would you ever date a physically unfit(Fat belly and man boobs) male that has a nice personality? I'm really into sport, so I would prefer someone who has the same hobbies as me, but I guess I wouldn't mind too much.
Q3) Would you ever date a physically FIT male, with a bad personality? No, personality is important.
Q4) Personality > looks or vice versa? It's important you feel attracted to the person, but obviously personality is the most important thing.
Q5) Would you ever date a guy because he is rich? Never! Happiness>Money
Q6) Does a mans height matter? Yeah, I'm pretty tall so I wouldn't want him to be a lot smaller than me.
Q7) Does a males penis size matter to you? Nope.
Q8) Sweetheart(cutie), romantic or bad boy(Wild)? Lol none of them... hate soppy stuff and "bad boy" is so cliche
Q9) Smoker or non-smoker? Does it matter much? Preferably non-smoker, Its kinda smelly, but It doesn't really matter to me much.
Q10) Would you ever date a guy that doesn't have a degree? or a good job? Yeah of course.
Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back (argues back), or a man that agrees to everything you say? Listens to what I have to say, but doesn't let me walk all over him.
Q12) Would you date a guy that has different religious beliefs? Yeah!
Q13) Would you ever date a guy that is of different nationality? Definitely.
Original post by 0xygen
Replying to your comments:

Q6) "Sex? Looks."

Hypothetical scenario: A good looking, fit guy walks upto you and offers to buy you a drink. You accept this drink and have a convo with him. He then asks you if you want to go back to his place... Would you accept? (Pretend that he has a bad personality, but in your eyes he looks dreamy/sexy.)

Q7) "4 inch giving the best sex"???

I don't think that's possible. There are many positions that he wouldn't be able to perform, which are vital in sexual stimulation. I guess it depends on the girl, guys in the UK aren't really great at sex so 4" might not seem different from 7" because they don't know how to use it... Many will disagree because the girls they've been with lie.

Yes, I would accept, as long as he wasn't racist/sexist/homophobic.

It was a hypothetical. :tongue: Yes it's unlikely. I've never had sex with anyone with a 4 inch dick, while I have with 7 and even 8 so it'd be difficult to imagine 4 inches being better than that, but hypothetically if they were then their size wouldn't matter.
Original post by 0xygen
How so? Say the guy goes to Church, Mosque, Temple, Synagogue or wherever to pray... How does that harm you?

I think it would be hard to raise children (if she has children with a guy with different religion) when there are two different religions in a household. Plus the arguments are not nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Vikki1805
Yes, but that was just her standing by her opinion as well.

If she was a push over and just said "Yeah, you're right,." all the time, where would the fun be in that?

Woah woah... huh?

- A girl wants a guy to fight back and argue, but gets mad when he sticks by his opinion and beliefs. However, girls hate it when you just agree... Makes sense?

Exact words she said:

"You're so stubborn, what do I have to do to convince you that Samsung phones are better than iPhones".

I replied:

"OK, we have two different opinions on these phones, I respect your opinion, but iPhones are still better in my eyes"

She said:

"What ever dude"

I bought an iPhone the next day and then had to listen to her complain about how "I'm so stubborn" and how "I never take her opinion into consideration and treat her as if shes an idiot".

I stopped dating sexy girls after her... Realised that hot ones want you to make them feel special by doing exactly what they want you to. (Thats secretly why I wrote that question in my list)
Original post by 0xygen

That's the thing....it doesn't harm me at all. I feel as though I'm being really intolerant and I hate that, but I'm just being honest. If I ever do get into a relationship (:colondollar:) my opinions might change - who knows, I might fall for someone with different beliefs to me and the topic may never come up at all. But right now I think it would be too big a difference to just skim over, especially when you potentially want to spend the rest of your life with that person.
That's not to say I have anything against religious people - I come from a very religious family and have absolutely no problem when it comes to friends' religions - but I feel that, for me, relationships are different.
Reply 67
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Read what you just quoted. but look closer :biggrin:
I was hoping for a more angry response from someone... A bit of a fail there.

HAHAHAH just saw that. I was reading your comment word for word till I saw it. Nice one.

Original post by eelnais
Yes, I would accept, as long as he wasn't racist/sexist/homophobic.

It was a hypothetical. :tongue: Yes it's unlikely. I've never had sex with anyone with a 4 inch dick, while I have with 7 and even 8 so it'd be difficult to imagine 4 inches being better than that, but hypothetically if they were then their size wouldn't matter.

Well... That's something girls don't own upto everyday. I think I've only had a "one night stand" with like two girls in the same month. Its surprising what difference a proper tan can do...

Since you're being so honest, I would like to ask you a question: (I'm a guy so I cant answer this myself btw)

Every girl that I've had deep convos with has told me that 99% of boys(from the UK) shes been with don't know how to satisfy a girl properly. Is this true?

Original post by donutaud15
I think it would be hard to raise children (if she has children with a guy with different religion) when there are two different religions in a household. Plus the arguments are not nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it depends on the guy/girls strength in their religious beliefs. If they're extremists, then no, it wont work. But, many religious people keep an open mind and don't really impose anything on anyone.
Reply 68
Original post by coopertroopa03
That's the thing....it doesn't harm me at all. I feel as though I'm being really intolerant and I hate that, but I'm just being honest. If I ever do get into a relationship (:colondollar:) my opinions might change - who knows, I might fall for someone with different beliefs to me and the topic may never come up at all. But right now I think it would be too big a difference to just skim over, especially when you potentially want to spend the rest of your life with that person.
That's not to say I have anything against religious people - I come from a very religious family and have absolutely no problem when it comes to friends' religions - but I feel that, for me, relationships are different.

Possibly. Just don't get mixed up between a religious guy and a guy that believes in a god (example).

You have many Christians who say that they're Christians but never really talk about Christianity, have barely read a few words from the Bible and do everything the Bible says not to do. E.g. Sex before marriage.

I know many Christians like that, they just celebrate Easter and Christmas but never really participate in any other religious activities.
Original post by 0xygen
HAHAHAH just saw that. I was reading your comment word for word till I saw it. Nice one.

Well... That's something girls don't own upto everyday. I think I've only had a "one night stand" with like two girls in the same month. Its surprising what difference a proper tan can do...

Since you're being so honest, I would like to ask you a question: (I'm a guy so I cant answer this myself btw)

Every girl that I've had deep convos with has told me that 99% of boys(from the UK) shes been with don't know how to satisfy a girl properly. Is this true?

I think it depends on the guy/girls strength in their religious beliefs. If they're extremists, then no, it wont work. But, many religious people keep an open mind and don't really impose anything on anyone.

it can still be an issue. I'm far from extreme Catholic and I'm married to a pagan but it's not easy compromising especially with the issue of children. I can imagine an atheist belief can be a lot different from a religious person's belief.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
it can still be an issue. I'm far from extreme Catholic and I'm married to a pagan but it's not easy compromising especially with the issue of children. I can imagine an atheist belief can be a lot different from a religious person's belief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think marriage and a relationship are two different things.

A Jewish guy might "date" a Muslim or Christian woman.
However, the Jewish guy will probably aim to get "married" to a Jewish woman.
Original post by 0xygen
Not really... Many guys start thinning in their early 20's

I suppose it depends on how much it's thinning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0xygen

And defo no to bald

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0xygen
I think marriage and a relationship are two different things.

A Jewish guy might "date" a Muslim or Christian woman.
However, the Jewish guy will probably aim to get "married" to a Jewish woman.

most likely. it is a logical solution. however a relationship can sometimes end in a marriage or family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0xygen

Phobia of bald heads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0xygen
@Alicja - You weren't really coldhearted, you were being a abit of a bitch though (JUST A JOKE).

Its surprising to see how many girls are willing to accept a man without a degree. Isn't it a disadvantage for the long run? Would you want a man that's capable of buying you a nice house and a flashy car after marriage, or would you rather have a man that's hard working and still stressing on finances?

Haha no worries, wouldn't have taken it to heart.

Not necessarily, though I may be biased because my boyfriend is about to start an engineering apprenticeship. Nowadays I think degrees (or lack thereof) aren't the be-all-and-end-all of getting a job or not: there are more options. And the other day on one of them daytime TV shows I saw a guy that had a PhD in chemistry but ended up doing up houses and selling them on. And then there's Alan sugar, who never went to uni :wink:

As for the nice house thing, I'd rather be in love with the person I was with and maybe not have quite as nice a house than not love them but I have nice things. Ja feel?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Madisonrose
Phobia of bald heads

Posted from TSR Mobile

SPPAAAMMMM. Also, meh, its like saying "I have a phobia of brown eyes"...

most likely. it is a logical solution. however a relationship can sometimes end in a marriage or family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true. I dunno, religion shouldn't be imposed on anyone. If the couple can agree on that simple rule, everything will be totally fine.
Reply 77
Original post by alicja_p
Haha no worries, wouldn't have taken it to heart.

Not necessarily, though I may be biased because my boyfriend is about to start an engineering apprenticeship. Nowadays I think degrees (or lack thereof) aren't the be-all-and-end-all of getting a job or not: there are more options. And the other day on one of them daytime TV shows I saw a guy that had a PhD in chemistry but ended up doing up houses and selling them on. And then there's Alan sugar, who never went to uni :wink:

As for the nice house thing, I'd rather be in love with the person I was with and maybe not have quite as nice a house than not love them but I have nice things. Ja feel?

Ja man, me feel. But 'ere me out... Love at this age is nothing compared to love you'll be looking for in 20 years. When you're 40 and all your friends have nice cars and nice houses and their husbands take them out to fancy restaurants, you'll lose all your feelings for your man.

I highly doubt you're willing to suffer for love, as if you and your boyfriend are Rose and Jack from the Titanic. Look, love doesn't last forever, comfort and enjoying yourself is better in the long run. Also, are you willing to restrict your future kids from a happy life? They don't want to be stuck at home, barely being able to afford an Xbox and 2 games with only one controller.

Trus me gyal, you gon wan' the money soon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 0xygen
Ja man, me feel. But 'ere me out... Love at this age is nothing compared to love you'll be looking for in 20 years. When you're 40 and all your friends have nice cars and nice houses and their husbands take them out to fancy restaurants, you'll lose all your feelings for your man.

I highly doubt you're willing to suffer for love, as if you and your boyfriend are Rose and Jack from the Titanic. Look, love doesn't last forever, comfort and enjoying yourself is better in the long run. Also, are you willing to restrict your future kids from a happy life? They don't want to be stuck at home, barely being able to afford an Xbox and 2 games with only one controller.

Trus me gyal, you gon wan' the money soon.

Ahaha I totally get what you're saying. I'm also not saying I'm definitely going to be with this guy the rest of my life, neither am I saying I'm willing to marry him before he has a decent job (wedding cost bruh). I'm just trusting that his high hopes turn out to be real (as they usually do). I'm fully aware that money makes for a nice life, and I plan on making my own fortune as well :smile:
So much personality> looks.

lulz.

Latest