Sims 4! Who's excited?

Watch
Demi7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, this game is out in September!
I honestly don't want to lie. I am beyond excited.
I hear it's going to be amazing. The trailer is great and Sims will now be able to do multiple tasks at once like real humans..
I know I'm not the only Sims freak. Who else is excited? Anything you're excited about?
Mav455
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like the idea of sims, but for some reason I get tired of it after a while, its kinda repetitive, go to work, eat, sleep, repair things etc.
But I do like the mini games they add, and the pets option
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'll probably buy it if I have the funds to get a new computer, not going to lie.
TheDaylighter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am! I can't wait! :awesome:
heyoka
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
super excited i need to go watch the trailer!
Adjeskc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am soo excited!
Create-a-sim looks banging!!!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I will definitely play this game, but I think it will be after it's been out for a while and therefore cheaper
MangaGirl211
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am totally excited!!! But even after it's released, I'll have to wait a while until it gets cheaper. And until EA fix any bugs that flare up as soon as it comes out. My copy of sims 3 won't let me install new expansion packs, or even update it Anyone know how to fix this?
Jjj90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not excited, it's EA, they're leave 95% of the content out and sell it separately later. And they wonder why it's one of the most pirated games ever made...
alis-volatpropriis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Meeeeee. But I guess I'm gonna end up spending loads of money on expansion packs like I did for sims 2. I didn't bother buying sims 3, I've been waiting on sims 4.

I might wait abit till october-november before I buy it though.. just to see if its buggy or good. I'm excited
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not me. The Sims 1 and 2 were amazing, EA has turned into a completely disgraceful company. There is literally thousands of pounds worth of content for the Sims 3 now, most of which would come by default in any other game. I just can't understand how a company can feel it's justified to not only create dozens of expansion packs, each costing between £10 and £30, but to create an online store where you pay ridiculous prices for petty items and are made to feel that you should constantly be investing more and more and more. When I buy a game, I want to enjoy it, not be treated like I'm a customer living in a department store for perpetuity.

I'd love to get The Sims 4, but I'm not going to support a company that treats its customers like dirt.
username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, I am! As soon as I get my new Mac Mini, I will get The Sims 4 for it!
Dann.It
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Will it be available for xbox 360?
Ceilidh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)
Not me. The Sims 1 and 2 were amazing, EA has turned into a completely disgraceful company. There is literally thousands of pounds worth of content for the Sims 3 now, most of which would come by default in any other game. I just can't understand how a company can feel it's justified to not only create dozens of expansion packs, each costing between £10 and £30, but to create an online store where you pay ridiculous prices for petty items and are made to feel that you should constantly be investing more and more and more. When I buy a game, I want to enjoy it, not be treated like I'm a customer living in a department store for perpetuity.

I'd love to get The Sims 4, but I'm not going to support a company that treats its customers like dirt.
Honestly, I think fan made custom content is typically a lot nicer than the crap EA spews out. I never download stuff from EA. I get custom content from ModTheSims and TheSimsResource mostly.

I am excited but I really don't like how there will be no create a style :/ massive step backwards.

http://www.edenstyle.it/the-sims-4-i...guru-jill.html
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ceilidh)
Honestly, I think fan made custom content is typically a lot nicer than the crap EA spews out. I never download stuff from EA. I get custom content from ModTheSims and TheSimsResource mostly.

I am excited but I really don't like how there will be no create a style :/ massive step backwards.

http://www.edenstyle.it/the-sims-4-i...guru-jill.html
I like the fan made custom content too, but it just takes so long to get stuff together. I wish people just made compilations because I've spent literally days in the past collating all the custom content and I don't have the time or energy for that.

It's madness that they're not including Create a Style. That was such a good feature and their excuse is pathetic and almost certainly a lie. It's not a complicated system and they've got an absolutely massive development team - it would require barely any resources to include CAS - presumably, they've excluded this to make modding and customisation more difficult to force people to get more of their paid content.
keimastudnt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by *Interrobang*)
I will definitely play this game, but I think it will be after it's been out for a while and therefore cheaper
Ditto. I've never been a Sims fan but I've played its older versions rarely and hopefully the fourth one should be better with new features.
GiantKiwi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Demi7)
Okay, this game is out in September!
I honestly don't want to lie. I am beyond excited.
I hear it's going to be amazing. The trailer is great and Sims will now be able to do multiple tasks at once like real humans..
I know I'm not the only Sims freak. Who else is excited? Anything you're excited about?
Hate to break it to you, but its not out in September, we have the schedule from EA which is putting it to be at the end of November.

It's going to be PC only at launch as well.
Armadillo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sims delux being advertised at £60
review on the sims!

Looking forward to it!
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is a ladies game guys. Stop being excited.

Eatin work sleeping repair...? Is this the kinda game that gets you "excited"?? Lololololol

Posted from TSR Mobile
LaughingKitsune
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iainvg)
Hate to break it to you, but its not out in September, we have the schedule from EA which is putting it to be at the end of November.

It's going to be PC only at launch as well.
Actually, it's released on September 2nd.

And yeah, since I now can't drown people in the pools, I won't be buying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.52%
I'm not sure (45)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (308)
29.82%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (503)
48.69%

Watched Threads