The Student Room Group

Ah help! :(

I don't get on with my mother so recently I've moved out of her house and into my dad's place, but when I applied for student finance awhile back I used her address and her as my 'reference' (using that term loosely as I'm not sure of the correct term!) but now she is refusing to act as my 'reference' so does anybody know if it would be alright to just change some of my details with student finance and use my dad and his address instead? (probably a ridiculous question and I imagine I sound so stupid) I'm just worried that because I haven't been living with my dad that long I might not get a loan whatsoever!
I dont fully know but im from what I know it has to be who you are living with anyway. Give sfe a ring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All students get a tuition loan and a minimum maintenance loan, even Richard Branson's kids!
Your dad's income will just decide what extra loan or grant you may be entitled to.
Reply 3
Original post by mrordinary
does anybody know if it would be alright to just change some of my details with student finance and use my dad and his address instead?

The way your SF maintenance loan/grant entitlement is calculated will change, as it will now be based on your Dad's income instead of your Mum's. You need to call SF so that they can cancel your Mum's details and replace them with your Dad's, so that he can give his income details.

I'm just worried that because I haven't been living with my dad that long I might not get a loan whatsoever!

Your entitlement doesn't take into account how long you've been in that domestic setup. However if your Dad earns more or less than your Mum, the amount of your maintenance loan/grant might change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending