Anxiety, please help Watch

Porridge510
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I really need help.

I'm constantly scared, I'm home alone the majority of the time. Today I thought I was going to get killed because I kept hearing noises in my house and it sounded like a robber was in my house and i thought they were going to kill me or hurt me. I was home alone and having a panic attack.

I'm scared of everything, I hate noises and my own thoughts terrify me. I have no one to be with me right now, my boyfriend will be with me for a few days in a couple weeks but then I'll be alone again.

I live with my dad but he's at work 6am- 2:30pm and then most days he goes to the pub at night time or dinner time ish. I'm so scared.

Please help.
R2D2.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you tried speaking with someone irl about this? At least you've noticed that most of this is in your mind. A lot of people don't realize that. I used to get scared at night time when I was alone. I don't know if this would help but what I used to do was check window/door in the house. Look through every room (right after someone left). And the turn on lights in alternative rooms. So it wasn't really dark anywhere... Afterwards I just got on with my stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Porridge510
Rep:
?
(Original post by R2D2.)
Have you tried speaking with someone irl about this? At least you've noticed that most of this is in your mind. A lot of people don't realize that. I used to get scared at night time when I was alone. I don't know if this would help but what I used to do was check window/door in the house. Look through every room (right after someone left). And the turn on lights in alternative rooms. So it wasn't really dark anywhere... Afterwards I just got on with my stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have support workers who see me every week. I saw them today and they helped lots. I'm going to be working with an occupational therapist for 3 days, starting this Tuesday, to help me with my anxiety.
I am terrified to sleep, so I can't wait to start occupational therapy. I also turn lots of lights on, I find it helps a lot but I'm still very anxious.

Thank you for your reply.
R2D2.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah. I had a sleeping/night phobia. When I was about 8/9 I used to hate night time. I would wish that it would stay daytime all the time xD
Porridge510
Rep:
?
(Original post by R2D2.)
Yeah. I had a sleeping/night phobia. When I was about 8/9 I used to hate night time. I would wish that it would stay daytime all the time xD

That's exactly how I feel right now. I wish it would never get dark. When its dark I sometimes see things, such as, things flying past really fast so I can't make out what it is. :/
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I was little I used to sleep with my bedroom light on

It isn't the daerk I fear anymore though when I go to bed. It's lying there with nothing to do other than worry about other stuff.
R2D2.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me it was more of supernatural things lol. Cos my cousins forced me to watch horror films with them. And I remember when I watch evil dead one night, I had a very bad fever for a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
geebeeiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Porridge510)
Hi I really need help.

I'm constantly scared, I'm home alone the majority of the time. Today I thought I was going to get killed because I kept hearing noises in my house and it sounded like a robber was in my house and i thought they were going to kill me or hurt me. I was home alone and having a panic attack.

I'm scared of everything, I hate noises and my own thoughts terrify me. I have no one to be with me right now, my boyfriend will be with me for a few days in a couple weeks but then I'll be alone again.

I live with my dad but he's at work 6am- 2:30pm and then most days he goes to the pub at night time or dinner time ish. I'm so scared.

Please help.
I went through the exact same thing, down to the point of visible hallucinations. I couldn't leave my room at uni because 'something' was going to get me. I never knew what it was but it was always there. I would have panic attack after panic attack, sometimes up to five a day, and would get physically sick from it and then the exhaustion which would follow which meant I would sleep for whole days. I would only leave my room even for food when I knew everyone else was asleep. It was a dark place and I couldn't see an end to it.

The only thing you can honestly do is try to get help in real life. You should speak to your GP- it's different from just counselling because it's clinical so you don't have to get emotionally involved if you don't want to. There's a lot of different medications which can stabilise you so that you can seek real help, if not from counselling or therapy you will at least be more in a position to figure out how to help yourself.
Porridge510
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
When I was little I used to sleep with my bedroom light on

It isn't the daerk I fear anymore though when I go to bed. It's lying there with nothing to do other than worry about other stuff.

Oh yes I hate that, you're trying to sleep and your mind won't shut up.

(Original post by R2D2.)
For me it was more of supernatural things lol. Cos my cousins forced me to watch horror films with them. And I remember when I watch evil dead one night, I had a very bad fever for a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry to hear that.
I get scared at the mildly horror films, well, mild compared to films like paranormal activity.
Porridge510
Rep:
?
(Original post by geebeeiii)
I went through the exact same thing, down to the point of visible hallucinations. I couldn't leave my room at uni because 'something' was going to get me. I never knew what it was but it was always there. I would have panic attack after panic attack, sometimes up to five a day, and would get physically sick from it and then the exhaustion which would follow which meant I would sleep for whole days. I would only leave my room even for food when I knew everyone else was asleep. It was a dark place and I couldn't see an end to it.

The only thing you can honestly do is try to get help in real life. You should speak to your GP- it's different from just counselling because it's clinical so you don't have to get emotionally involved if you don't want to. There's a lot of different medications which can stabilise you so that you can seek real help, if not from counselling or therapy you will at least be more in a position to figure out how to help yourself.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
I hope you're feeling much better now. I have lots of help in real life, but on the days i'm not seeing my support workers i struggle.
Or, I call them and ask if they can come another time because I'm terrified to leave the house.
Some of my support workers come to my house and then take me out, but I'm terrified so i run away from it.

I also have dissociation which doesn't help my confidence with leaving the house.
frida415
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had periods of this before! I don't think they've ever gotten as intense as yours but I guess you must be letting them get to you more, and your anxiety must be much worse. You just need to keep in mind that there's a reason for all these symptoms and they will not last. This moment will pass soon. You need to challenge all these thoughts you're having and realise how completely warped your perception of reality is right now. Trust yourself. Your thoughts will stop being scary. this fear is just a symptom of your anxiety - it's not solicited. You're going to be fine!
frida415
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But yeah the worst thing ever is when you can't shut your mind up. The only thing to do is try to become friends with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads