TRN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am worried about my Chemistry/ biology exams. In Chemistry and Biology the grades are determined from two tests and a PSA (Practical Skills Assessment. In Biology I got 38/40 on my PSA (easily an A) and in Chemistry I JUST managed to attain an A (34/40 I believe). The PSA counts for 20% of your total grade and then there are two exams, one exam accounts for 30% of your grade and the other 50%. For the exams that account for 30% I should easily be able to get A's, however for the 50% section I am only a low B standard for both subjects, and I really want an A. My 50% Bio & Chem exams are on the 2nd and 3rd June respectively. Bearing in mind that I have to revise for two other A level subjects as well as the two 30% exams, do you think it is possible for me to get up to A grade standard. Oh, this is AS btw. Honestly, this was just another procrastination session. I have no motivation to revise and when I can bother myself to sit down and actually revise, I just end up thinking about BS and getting distracted -__-. I know I should be motivated to get those A's, but I just can't motivate myself . In short, do you think it is possible for me to get A's and any suggestions on how to be motivated to revise?
ladaaannnn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you can do well provided you put your everything into it from now. I guess it also depends on how much you've done throughout the year

I'm also doing AS, so I know how you feel

When are the biology and chemistry exams for you? I believe there's two weeks to go, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TRN
Rep:
?
(Original post by ladaaannnn)
I think you can do well provided you put your everything into it from now. I guess it also depends on how much you've done throughout the year

When are the biology and chemistry exams for you? I believe there's two weeks to go, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exams equivalent to 30% of my grade are in two weeks and then the exam worth 50% is in 3 1/2 weeks
TRN
Rep:
?
(Original post by ladaaannnn)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, you got any tips on revision motivation, that is the thing I need most right now ?
ladaaannnn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I normally just think about the grades I need for uni, and that normally motivates me. I think how I really need those grades. And I tend to just think about results day, and how I'll feel when I get my grades and how I'll feel if I don't

But sometimes, actually sitting down for a nice revision session can be enough to motivate you for more revision. Like you'll feel better after you've gotten some work done

Posted from TSR Mobile
rosenatorr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's never too late!

It's pretty normal for you to get low grades at the start. I got low Bs in my Unit 2 for Biology when we did class tests and never once did I get anything near an A. But, I ended up with an A in my summer exam and I started my revision really late. I'm not super clever or anything, all I did was revise and do practice papers in the time I had left. I suggest you do the same. If you already know the content, do as much practice papers as possible, because you will find patterns emerging as to where you're going wrong. For some questions that come up often, you'll see that the marking criteria will be the same, so the more practice you do, the more you'll know of what you're expected.

Don't give up! You have half term before those exams, so really knuckle down do some revision in that time. Don't panic, I'm sure you're a very capable and bright person- you'll do fine As for getting some motivation, like the previous poster suggested, just think about what you need for uni or get a picture of your dream job and stick it on your wall. Try and think ahead and imagine how revising now is going to benefit you in the long run.

Good luck with your exams, I really hope you do well
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you can't retake anymore can you? I retook nearly every exam i did lmao.
rosenatorr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
you can't retake anymore can you? I retook nearly every exam i did lmao.
Those students who have to sit all their exams in the summer of their second year won't have a chance to retake, I don't think. (I don't know when this system starts). But as of now, you are able to, but it'll all be in the summer (no Jan exams 😪) with all your other exams, which is a pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TRN
Rep:
?
Update, I got A's in all of my Biology and Chemistry exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.42%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.48%
No - I live at home during term anyway (76)
30.65%

Watched Threads