This discussion is closed.
supreme
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Basically my teacher is really crap so I'm stuck on the following:

Explain why no electrical activity can be detected between the end of the P wave and the beginnning of the QRS complex.

How would you expect the pressure in the right ventricle to differ from that in the left ventricle. Explain what causes the difference in pressure.

Figure 6.25 is the attachment, it shows the relative thickness of parts of the walls of two blood vessels, A and B. One of those blood vessels was an artery, the other a vein.

Explain why the thickness of the endotherlium is the same for both blood vessels.

Thanks in advance, I know I'm asking a lot
Attached files
jacie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The pressure in the left ventricle should be higher as it needs to pump blood all around the body. It also has a thicker muscle so should exert more force.

The right ventricle only pumps blood to the lungs and as the lungs cannot stand such a higher pressure the right does not need to exert so much.
jacie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I would of thought the endothelium lining would be constant for both vessels because endothelium linings are just a single layer of cells?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (127)
34.89%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (48)
13.19%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
6.04%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.89%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (47)
12.91%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.26%

Watched Threads