This discussion is closed.
Chocolate_Lover
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hello,
please help im really worried about my AS SALTERS Chemsitry
as i got a d 1 mark of a c in my unit 1 exam i am retaking it, i also have unit 2. my notes are half missing as our teacher is totally crap. he doesnt have a clue, most of my class agree. i have got the philip allen updates books to help me with my revision i have also got letts guides.i was just wondering if there are any good websites on the internet to help me. i really really need a good C in the summer for university applications and also just incase i decide to take chemistry to A2

thanks very much
Chocolate_Lover
Rep:
?
please help me some one!!
Katie J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you have the Storylines and Chemical Ideas books?
Go through the storylines & note all the references to chemical ideas, read through these (& read the storylines). That's really all I did last year, if you're stuck on anything in particular ask again here, but just start by reading, it will really help get things sorted in your mind!
As for websites:
http://www.wpbschoolhouse.btinternet...e06/page06.htm
(specific to Salters course)

www.chemguide.com
http://www.chemistry-react.org/go/To...Default_1.html

But the best thing you can do is just keep reading the right chapters & storylines, it may take a couple of hours but it's really worth it! (Make notes of the bits you're likely to get stuck on)
Chocolate_Lover
Rep:
?
yes i have the two books
do injust read the modules we have cover such as minerals to medicines and chemistry for life.
thanks sooo much for your help and the websites
which book do i have to read ideas or s/lines?
i am finding its sooo hard
luv choc luva!!
Katie J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
yes i have the two books
do injust read the modules we have cover such as minerals to medicines and chemistry for life.
thanks sooo much for your help and the websites
which book do i have to read ideas or s/lines?
i am finding its sooo hard
luv choc luva!!
Well I'm assuming the books have the same layout as last year (I know they've removed a module from AS that we did last year) but if you look through the Storylines for each unit they have have references to specific chapters in the Chemical Ideas saying something like 'chapter 9.1 has more information on redox reactions'. I make a list of all of them then read those specific chapters in the Ideas book, making notes where necessary. This bit helps to get the theory sorted. Then I read the Storylines, I find this way round much easier as you need the theory to understand its applications in the Storylines book. I know what you mean though, getting started is hard work, you cover such a lot its daunting at first but you soon get into it and it gets quicker! Many of the later units use the same chapters again, when you've nearly read it all, the earlier stuff will begin to make sense, I promise!
Best of luck,
Katie J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (312)
46.02%
No (75)
11.06%
I'm not old enough (291)
42.92%

Watched Threads