TSR George
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Did anyone else do the CIE Geography igcse exam paper 1 today?
rosedunster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah i did aahhh what did you think of it
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I did. Which variant did you guys do? Mine was variant 2

Mine was easy. First three questions were so nice so I just did them XD I kind of messed up in last case study question but I believe I still got like 4-5 marks so s'all good
mrnerd
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Agreed. Variant 2 was easy.
Didn't revise Theme 2 at all, so i went to answer questions 1, 5 and 6 - i knew absolutely nothing about the pedestrian thing, and wasn't going to risk 5 marks.
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh you didn't do the settlement one? That was very nice imo

You can only get up to A in each component, A* only exists for overall grade

yeah good luck! Are you gonna take history and french tomorrow?
Last edited by RK; 9 months ago
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah it was variant 2 as well i think i did the population settlement and tourism question, like the settlement case study one i was like whatttt???? the shopping area thing i had no idea!
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mrnerd)
Agreed. Variant 2 was easy.
Didn't revise Theme 2 at all, so i went to answer questions 1, 5 and 6 - i knew absolutely nothing about the pedestrian thing, and wasn't going to risk 5 marks.
Yeah that pedestrian thing was so weird i had never seen that come up anywhere! But i had to do the settlement as i had only revised theme 1 and 3 and i didnt know a case study for the water one :/
hope ill get an A in this!! I was looking at greade boundaries for last year in paper 1 was like 53/75...
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rosedunster)
Yeah it was variant 2 as well i think i did the population settlement and tourism question, like the settlement case study one i was like whatttt???? the shopping area thing i had no idea!
I just made up a case study using my own city and shopping centre 20 mins away from here XD i hope it's gonna be alright. I didn't include any statistics but I wrote some specific name so...hopefully
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah that pedestrian thing was so weird i had never seen that come up anywhere! But i had to do the settlement as i had only revised theme 1 and 3 and i didnt know a case study for the water one :/
hope ill get an A in this!! I was looking at greade boundaries for last year in paper 1 was like 53/75...
I just guessed using common sense for the pedestrian thing lol
I only revised for the volcano one but I could answer every question quite well, only the volcano casestudy was something I couldn't remember much so I think I only got like 4 marks for that but grade boundary is quite nice so im not worrying too much
Cerealpotato
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just finished my geography IGCSE exams a few hours ago and I just found out that I mixed out the dates where mount Pinatubo erupted. I wrote that it erupted in 1990 but Wikipedia said it erupted in 1991. Will they subtract marks on the date?

Please reply, I'm freaking out. It was a 7 mark question.
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
I just made up a case study using my own city and shopping centre 20 mins away from here XD i hope it's gonna be alright. I didn't include any statistics but I wrote some specific name so...hopefully
Hahaha I did the same! I was like lol cant think of one literally made it up on the spot!
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cerealpotato)
I just finished my geography IGCSE exams a few hours ago and I just found out that I mixed out the dates where mount Pinatubo erupted. I wrote that it erupted in 1990 but Wikipedia said it erupted in 1991. Will they subtract marks on the date?

Please reply, I'm freaking out. It was a 7 mark question.
I dont think they will mind that much its not like you completely made the date up, they will know it was just that you couldnt remember exactly i guess because you were only out by 1 year so its not like you didnt know it, i think it should be fine
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hahaha I did the same! I was like lol cant think of one literally made it up on the spot!
i think it was literally the first time this question came up...i've never seen it on past papers :P
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just guessed using common sense for the pedestrian thing lol
I only revised for the volcano one but I could answer every question quite well, only the volcano casestudy was something I couldn't remember much so I think I only got like 4 marks for that but grade boundary is quite nice so im not worrying too much
Yeah same not too worried i think i did ok...relying on the coursework and skills paper which is slightly easier!
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i think it was literally the first time this question came up...i've never seen it on past papers :P
ikr! but tbh settlement did have the weirdest past paper questions ever like i had only learnt 3 but from many case studies i had seen they were all pretty random so settlement is the kinda weird ish topic! So glad the tourism one came up haha so prepared for that pheww
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ikr! but tbh settlement did have the weirdest past paper questions ever like i had only learnt 3 but from many case studies i had seen they were all pretty random so settlement is the kinda weird ish topic! So glad the tourism one came up haha so prepared for that pheww
lol i only prepared for tectonic case study which ironically is the one I did worst on :P For population I made up damn well imo hehehe I just picked up my home country japan and wrote random place name and pretended to be know-it-all lol

I was wishing for tourism to come up but I didn't prepare for the natural environment +tourism case study so I had to abandon that question...was not gonna risk 7 marks
Cerealpotato
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The tourism question was hard, did anyone write about Jamaica as their case study.
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cerealpotato)
The tourism question was hard, did anyone write about Jamaica as their case study.
Yeahh! I did Jamaica, so glad the tourism question came up except the first part about italy was confusing
rosedunster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol i only prepared for tectonic case study which ironically is the one I did worst on :P For population I made up damn well imo hehehe I just picked up my home country japan and wrote random place name and pretended to be know-it-all lol

I was wishing for tourism to come up but I didn't prepare for the natural environment +tourism case study so I had to abandon that question...was not gonna risk 7 marks
aww haha thats a great idea lol but i had prepared for the natural environment for tourism! That was literally the only case study i had prepared for in the tourism section
zahra.rashid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same here!! But I knew almost everything else in the question and used a local example for the case study. After the exam, I found out almost everyone in my class who had picked that question used the same example. Thankfully, our Geo teacher said it should be right if we gave enough information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.48%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.74%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (35)
16.2%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.28%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.85%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed