The Student Room Group

****ing Call of Duty hackers piss me off

I decided to play some COD MW3 last night and enjoy some good old Search & Destroy, however, the amount of games that were full of hackers was unbelievable. Players running around whilst invisible and getting easy kills, seriously what the **** is the point? I left the game straight away, but every now and then I got put into a games with hackers. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, a team (yes a team) of hackers changed the game so that when I died I re spawned right into front of their firing line:angry: I cannot fathom how hackers enjoy doing this, there is no fun in it at all. On a side note, another thing I hate is when players are absolutely awesome at no scoping with snipers. Fair enough, they are playing the game properly, but they must literally live on their PS3s to be so good.

This also makes me rage

Ahh well, back to Fifa.

Rantover/10
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And this is why I stopped playing COD. It's full of kids, campaigns are pretty decent.
I moved onto 'proper FPSs' quite a while ago now. More of the simulator type: Arma III and DayZ and the best FPS on the market: Battlefield.
There's no definition of 'playing the game properly' - you just do whatever it takes to survive and take as many people out as possible, it's all about your K:biggrin: ratios. The sniper physics are totally unrealistic, the entire game atmosphere is. It's like CounterStrike: full of elitists (doesn't stop me playing CS:GO sometimes though :P)
You'll never be in a game full of hackers, simply because there are security patches to stop such things every day. There's only a couple of good enough programmers out there to actually exploit the system every time there's a patch released. I hate people who simply call good players 'hackers'. It's not true 99% of the time.
Original post by ChipUK
And this is why I stopped playing COD. It's full of kids, campaigns are pretty decent.
I moved onto 'proper FPSs' quite a while ago now. More of the simulator type: Arma III and DayZ and the best FPS on the market: Battlefield.
There's no definition of 'playing the game properly' - you just do whatever it takes to survive and take as many people out as possible, it's all about your K:biggrin: ratios. The sniper physics are totally unrealistic, the entire game atmosphere is. It's like CounterStrike: full of elitists (doesn't stop me playing CS:GO sometimes though :P)
You'll never be in a game full of hackers, simply because there are security patches to stop such things every day. There's only a couple of good enough programmers out there to actually exploit the system every time there's a patch released. I hate people who simply call good players 'hackers'. It's not true 99% of the time.

Just to clarify, I did not call good players hackers, it is just incredibly annoying how easily they can kill you:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by King Leonidas
Just to clarify, I did not call good players hackers, it is just incredibly annoying how easily they can kill you:biggrin:

Original post by King Leonidas
the amount of games that were full of hackers was unbelievable. Players running around whilst invisible and getting easy kills, seriously what the **** is the point? I left the game straight away, but every now and then I got put into a games with hackers. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, a team (yes a team) of hackers changed the game so that when I died I re spawned right into front of their firing line:angry: I cannot fathom how hackers enjoy doing this, there is no fun in it at all.

uh huh
Reply 4
Yeah I loved CoD: Mw 2 & 3 but since there were no dedicated servers hacking was just incredibly popular so it was that much easier apparently; they are the reason I've given up on fps games especially on the PC if there's no dedicated servers.

The only fps game I used recently on my pc was Left for Dead 2.
Reply 5
That's not, 'hacking', brah.
Original post by alow
That's not, 'hacking', brah.

**** knows what it's actually called, so I just called it hacking lol.
I never met anyone on MW3 that did this ( to my knowledge). Fifa is by far the worst for me, especially in clubs
Reply 8
I was oh-so-luckily put in a hacked lobby once where you respawned in a small section out of the map with your team and w/o your gun for easy kills. Man, I love this game.
Reply 9
Even though I hate hackers some of the modded maps people had for mw2/mw3 were great, I remember a matrix style one were everything was in slomo bullet time etc, and then terminator style one with humans vs machines and it had the soundtrack in the background!

What I also disliked was the fact that I tried getting some camo's for weaps unlocked on mw2 by doing challenges, then I entered a random lobby which turned out to be hacked and after the game I was max prestige with everything unlocked; which was cool for a while but ultimately killed my fun :frown:
Original post by Shodann
Even though I hate hackers some of the modded maps people had for mw2/mw3 were great, I remember a matrix style one were everything was in slomo bullet time etc, and then terminator style one with humans vs machines and it had the soundtrack in the background!

What I also disliked was the fact that I tried getting some camo's for weaps unlocked on mw2 by doing challenges, then I entered a random lobby which turned out to be hacked and after the game I was max prestige with everything unlocked; which was cool for a while but ultimately killed my fun :frown:

A simple solution would be to act like a total dick to hackers, eventually one of them will at least reset your challenges.
Original post by Shodann
The only fps game I used recently on my pc was Left for Dead 2.

Unreal Tournament 2004 tho
Play CS:GO, much better game overall. Quake Live has it's fair share of hackers but they won't run rampant and typically co-exist at the highest skill level, so you wouldn't meet them anyway.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Play CS:GO, much better game overall. Quake Live has it's fair share of hackers but they won't run rampant and typically co-exist at the highest skill level, so you wouldn't meet them anyway.

Given how bad hitbox detection is thanks to godawful 64 tick servers, you might as well be better off with the hackers.
That, and lag switchers. You can clearly see their hacking and then we you leave the have the ****ing nerve to have a go at you.

Frigging squeakers have ruined the community.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ru sure they didn't prefire obvious spawns - maybe not on Search tho idk..

Welcome to the world of call of duty where snipers run around the map and ak's sit in corners.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Given how bad hitbox detection is thanks to godawful 64 tick servers, you might as well be better off with the hackers.

CS:GO or QL? Hitbox for QL is fine, I've never had the patience to play CS properly so I can't say I'm too familiar with it :tongue:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
CS:GO or QL? Hitbox for QL is fine, I've never had the patience to play CS properly so I can't say I'm too familiar with it :tongue:

CS:GO

I can say with confidence that at least 50% of my deaths have been because of poor hitbox detection. It's gotten to a point where the only time you are guaranteed a hit is when you headshot someone standing still with an AWP.

beyond dreadful.

considering how well Dota 2 works with so many more players, you would think they could be bothered to upgrade the servers for a paid game.. but sigh I suppose not.

Not surprised though, considering how much Valve rakes in from Dota 2.
I'm never sure whether it's hacking or that ****ty levelling system they have in games that means I can't kill someone when I fire a shotgun at close-range to someone's face.

I'm pretty sure that's the actual levelling system though, because then I get out rocket launchers and grenade launchers and THAT ****ING KILLS THEM YOU BASTARDS WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?
1) They're using mods. Hacking is something different.

2) This is what happens when you play filthy casual games.

Quick Reply

Latest