FlossieH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
just wondering if anyones doing AS ancient history (OCR) and how are you feeling about the exam on Monday!!
taaaaahira
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am!!! And I'm feeling okay-ish about it, there are so many sources to remember! I'm doing Sparta, you? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlossieH
Rep:
?
yeh im doing Sparta too!! im feeling ok about it (a lot better than the second exam -Augustus and the Principate) hopefully it will be nice questions and I won't freak out!!
taaaaahira
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FlossieH)
yeh im doing Sparta too!! im feeling ok about it (a lot better than the second exam -Augustus and the Principate) hopefully it will be nice questions and I won't freak out!!
Same! I'm doing Roman Britain for the second exam and I feel more confident for Sparta, (probably because we have to remember archeology for Roman Britain and know about walls -___-)

I hope the questions are nice too! Last year, one of the 45 markers were on helots and periokoi and I seriously would've loved to have that question!

Wishing for the essay question to be on one of the political bodies

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlossieH
Rep:
?
(Original post by taaaaahira)
Same! I'm doing Roman Britain for the second exam and I feel more confident for Sparta, (probably because we have to remember archeology for Roman Britain and know about walls -___-)

I hope the questions are nice too! Last year, one of the 45 markers were on helots and periokoi and I seriously would've loved to have that question!

Wishing for the essay question to be on one of the political bodies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I am just avoiding foreign policy and war questions aha, I hope for women, education, government to an extent an values!
KatieB98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I was just wondering if any one here did the OCR ancient history gcse? I could really use a few tips on exam technique if anybody has any. Thank you!
taaaaahira
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes! I am just avoiding foreign policy and war questions aha, I hope for women, education, government to an extent an values!
Oh Lord, foreign policy would be my worst question! I only know two sources that relate to foreign policy 😂 religion and Lycurgus is also one of my weaknesses 😓

I think war questions would be okay! Talk a bit about the Spartan Military (I don't like that topic :/), the Spartan Mirage and the Agoge. Also about Sparta's successes and defeats

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlossieH
Rep:
?
is religion one of the topics what?!?!!? iv never seen a question on it :000000000
good luck for tomorrow though!! x
taaaaahira
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
is religion one of the topics what?!?!!? iv never seen a question on it :000000000
good luck for tomorrow though!! x
Nope don't worry!! Definitely not a 45 marker though. Maybe about their belief in gods and stuff! Haha, good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlossieH
Rep:
?
(Original post by taaaaahira)
Nope don't worry!! Definitely not a 45 marker though. Maybe about their belief in gods and stuff! Haha, good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how didyou find it!!! I thought the questions where really gooD!
taaaaahira
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how didyou find it!!! I thought the questions where really gooD!
I predicted the ephors would come up!!! I loved the essay question but didn't like the context question. I made the mistake of choosing women (my weakest topic) over than the Spartan mirage (one of my best).

I chose women first because I didn't realise the other questions were on the Spartan mirage until after the exam 😂😂

Overall I don't feel that confident for Sparta I made so many stupid mistakes haha hopefully I can redeem myself on roman Britain (probably not). lol, what about you?
FlossieH
Rep:
?
aww im sure you did great! I picked women and was very happy with it but then I realised I did repeat myself in both questions b and c abit as they where quite similar, but I did the part c in my mock that my teacher made! And my grade will defff be brought down by the rome part which Is a shame because I find it more interesting... need to start revising lol!
taaaaahira
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
aww im sure you did great! I picked women and was very happy with it but then I realised I did repeat myself in both questions b and c abit as they where quite similar, but I did the part c in my mock that my teacher made! And my grade will defff be brought down by the rome part which Is a shame because I find it more interesting... need to start revising lol!
Yeah roman Britain is definitely my weakest topic, need to start focusing and remembering the governors' names and dates :/ good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlossieH
Rep:
?
you too !! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.02%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (80)
28.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (105)
37.1%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.07%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.53%

Watched Threads