rubycrystal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
1) is there any disadvantages in not taking triple science and you wanted to
will all careers still be open? (all careers)

2) also what careers are there in taking business studies

3) if you don't pick a certain subject at gcse does
that mean you can never to a career related to it

4) also if you are doing really good in science but you didn't pick triple science for a gcse option is it possible the teacher drops one of you subjects and asks you if you want to do triple science instead of double

thanks
YAPC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in year 9, and I'm in my first year of KS4.

1) I personally think that it is better to take triple science. I use to get bad grades in KS3, but separating the 3 sciences makes it a whole lot easier! Triple science will probably give you more job opportunities if you are aiming for a more scientific career.

2) I didn't pick it, but this might be a useful website: http://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-advi...onomics-degree

3) Not necessarily. It depends on your sixth form's entry requirements. If they specify that you need a certain GCSE subject, then you should take it. Or, you could go to a college that doesn't need that GCSE.

4) Depends. If you are REALLY good then they might because it won't really affect your progress in the 3 sciences. They may not allow you because it is already May, so it could be too late.
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by YAPC)
I'm in year 9, and I'm in my first year of KS4.

1) I personally think that it is better to take triple science. I use to get bad grades in KS3, but separating the 3 sciences makes it a whole lot easier! Triple science will probably give you more job opportunities if you are aiming for a more scientific career.

2) I didn't pick it, but this might be a useful website: http://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-advi...onomics-degree

3) Not necessarily. It depends on your sixth form's entry requirements. If they specify that you need a certain GCSE subject, then you should take it. Or, you could go to a college that doesn't need that GCSE.

4) Depends. If you are REALLY good then they might because it won't really affect your progress in the 3 sciences. They may not allow you because it is already May, so it could be too late.
I'm in year 10 & I do triple science. It is really fun & you go into a lot more depth than double science so it is really interesting however the pace is very fast as there is lots to cover & it is more challenging so only pick it if you enjoy science. As for careers, triple science will help/ is an advantage if you want to go into a science career & it shows you have a passion for science but it isn't necessary. You have to get the right grades to be able to carry on with the subjects you choose at A-level which you can do with either double or triple science.

Careers with business studies- setting up your own business, business management & lots more related careers. I do business studies & I some parts are pretty boring but there is lots of interesting info for life whatever career you decide to follow.

If you don't take a subject at GCSE it is a lot harder to follow a career in it. Most entry requirements for sixth form/ college will state that you need that GCSE at a particular grade in order to do an A-level. However it may be possible to do it later as a course at college or do the GCSE later in life if it's something you still want to do.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.64%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.55%
I need help with my personal statement (82)
41.41%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.52%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed