The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Student accommodation

Looking at student accommodation at uni of leeds atm but having trouble deciding between the tannery and the leodis halls. Anyone have any recommendations? i like the modern look of leodis but anyone know about nightlife and the areas etc?
Reply 1
me too! the only thing thats making it hard for me to decide is that the tannery has wifi and leodis doesnt haha! leodis is closer to the uni but the rooms at the tannery look nicer, i think tannery is mainly medical students but im not sure?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I live in the Tannery currently, although the website says it is most popular with medical students thats not really the case its a small minority that do a medical degree here. The majority of us living here didn't even apply however it's been the best year of my life and I would highly recommend the Tannery to you! They have just done up the common room in the last few weeks so there is somewhere nice to hang around with a big group of people. Its a 10 min walk to uni and very close to town and its been very easy for us this year to make friends on different floors and blocks its a great atmosphere!
Reply 3
Original post by sophlaurenn
I live in the Tannery currently, although the website says it is most popular with medical students thats not really the case its a small minority that do a medical degree here. The majority of us living here didn't even apply however it's been the best year of my life and I would highly recommend the Tannery to you! They have just done up the common room in the last few weeks so there is somewhere nice to hang around with a big group of people. Its a 10 min walk to uni and very close to town and its been very easy for us this year to make friends on different floors and blocks its a great atmosphere!

so glad to hear this as ive just applied for the tannery and wasnt too sure what it was like? what are the en suites and size of the beds like? lovely to get a view of someone who lives there :smile:

thanks in advance
The ensuites are fine, shower takes some getting used to because your bathroom gets very warm and suffocating but it's fine! Beds are basically doubles, they say they are. 3/4 but I think they are Abit bigger than that. If you have any more questions just let me know I'm happy to help! Not wanting to move out of the tannery at all haha!
Reply 5
The ensuites are fine, shower takes some getting used to because your bathroom gets very warm and suffocating but it's fine! Beds are basically doubles, they say they are. 3/4 but I think they are Abit bigger than that. If you have any more questions just let me know I'm happy to help! Not wanting to move out of the tannery at all haha!

would you say the social atmosphere is good? I'm so stuck between tannery and leodis haha!
Yeah definitely, we are in walking distance of clubs like Warehouse (which is the best night out on a Wednesday and Friday btw) and there's always a flat party going on for pre drinks. We have made friends with people in different blocks and floors so pre drinks are full of loads of people it's really fun and we have a lot bigger social area in the kitchen/sitting area room compared to other accommodations like Liberty Dock who have just a kitchen table it's a lot more social and easier
Reply 7

I am doing adult nursing at uni.. you don't happen to know if i HAVE to stay in certain halls do you? I remember them mentioning something about they would prefer it as some are open all year through so it is better for random term times.. but i don't know if its mandatory? any ideas? thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Joanna321
I am doing adult nursing at uni.. you don't happen to know if i HAVE to stay in certain halls do you? I remember them mentioning something about they would prefer it as some are open all year through so it is better for random term times.. but i don't know if its mandatory? any ideas? thanks

It's not mandatory to stay in those halls. I know people on my course who were in James Bailie etc.

I'm a second year adult nurse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest