The Student Room Group

January 2014 Edexcel Mathematics papers - Papers / MS / Model answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
This was the first session of the international spec, although they had international papers for the UK spec last summer.

There wasn't a Jan FP2, FP3... paper

Ahh, okay. Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Alex-Torres
C2 question 8 we're asked to find a cartesian equation - surely that wouldn't be asked for the normal paper?

There is no content difference between the international and uk C2 syllabus.
A Cartesian equation would be in the regular form covered by in C2.
A parametric equation would be covered by A2 knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
you are given a formula which calculates the sum to n terms, you are not given a formula that calculates terms of a series... look at the = sign

hi i still do not understand this question PLEASE help ??:frown:
Reply 43
Original post by dee1995
hi i still do not understand this question PLEASE help ??:frown:

if you sub in n into that formula it gives you the Sum to that many terms. It doesn't give you the value of that term like with all other sigma questions.
Sorry this is off topic but I didn't know where else to post:

Arsey are you going to do solutions to the May 2014 M3 paper that was sat today (19th May) ? :smile:
Check my S1 exam thread
I thought the January exams were cancelled. What happened?
i got 52/3 for the area of the triangle, and 3010 for the sum formula
Reply 48
Original post by Sayonara
I thought the January exams were cancelled. What happened?

They were cancelled only for the UK. these papers were for international students
Original post by Arsey
X

Firstly thanks for everything!

For the M2 paper i have a few questions of things i didn't understand and the mark scheme wasn't too clear on.

4b) I have no idea how to take moments in the way it's required.
5a) same problem as above
6a) I'm not entirely sure why the expression for KE is 0.5*0.5(3^2+v^2).

The rest of the paper i found fairly straightforward although there were a few traps to be wary of. I understand you may be busy but would really appreciate it if you could help out or at least point me in the right direction with links to similar questions with a model answer or something. I have tried looking through the book for similar questions but i'm completely stuck.
Reply 50
Original post by iagreetotally
Firstly thanks for everything!

For the M2 paper i have a few questions of things i didn't understand and the mark scheme wasn't too clear on.

4b) I have no idea how to take moments in the way it's required.
5a) same problem as above
6a) I'm not entirely sure why the expression for KE is 0.5*0.5(3^2+v^2).

The rest of the paper i found fairly straightforward although there were a few traps to be wary of. I understand you may be busy but would really appreciate it if you could help out or at least point me in the right direction with links to similar questions with a model answer or something. I have tried looking through the book for similar questions but i'm completely stuck.

for some reason I didn't do model answers for the M2 paper in Jan. I will smash some out when I get chance
Is everything still a go in regards to C1 solutions for tonight arsey? :biggrin: Seems to be a massive clamp down about answers before 12am, can't search for threads and all of them are locked and deleted; and rightly so.
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
Is everything still a go in regards to C1 solutions for tonight arsey? :biggrin: Seems to be a massive clamp down about answers before 12am, can't search for threads and all of them are locked and deleted; and rightly so.

We can only hope and wait :smile:
Reply 53
Arsey will one of your minions do solutions for M3?
if not can you post the paper anyway please tomorrow?
Reply 54
Original post by Arsey
No, as I explained in the other thread. I only have papers on the day of the exam if someone at my centre is taking that exam. I don't have anyone doing advanced FM, so no one is taking M3 or beyond, S3 or beyond or FP3. It will take a few days until I get hold of them.
:K:
Reply 55
Original post by SuperMushroom
We can only hope and wait :smile:

:bear:

:youbetcha:

:badger:
Reply 56
i wanted to knowww, if i got say a low B in this C1 exam today, is there potential for me to get an A overall..
i made a lot of silly mistakes that will pull down my grade so yeah..

thanks
:frown:
Original post by Arsey
As promised here are the Edexcel Jan 2014 series papers.

I would strongly suggest that you go over these papers as they are trickier than the standard papers. I would expect that this standard becomes standard in the last few years of the specification.

Hi arsey, I can't find any international papers for c2, c3 and c4 from June 12 backwards? Did edexcel only start having seperate papers for international students in 2013?
Original post by Arsey
:bear:

Thanks Arsey!!
Greatly appreciated :smile:

Cant wait to hear your thoughts on the paper too
Reply 59
Original post by desiboy20395
Hi arsey, I can't find any international papers for c2, c3 and c4 from June 12 backwards? Did edexcel only start having seperate papers for international students in 2013?
yep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending