What stationery would I need for a computer course?

Watch this thread
VexedM8
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm going to be studying Computer Networks & Security in September and I was wondering if anyone knows what stationery I'm going to need?

Hopefully someone with a bit of experience from a computer course can answer this.

Cheers.
anita21
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Depends how you will be taking notes. For some computer courses I type notes on my laptop during the lecture, if you do this you obviously won't need much stationery.. Some lecturers provide printed notes you can annotate, or you may just prefer to take notes on paper or in a notebook. The best way to decide how to take notes is to try out different methods in the first few lectures. You can probably get all the stationery you need when you get to uni so I wouldn't worry too much about it now. Pro-tip: Ryman's do a 10% student discount, and you don't need the NUS extra card for it.
Trustno1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by anita21)
Depends how you will be taking notes. For some computer courses I type notes on my laptop during the lecture, if you do this you obviously won't need much stationery.. Some lecturers provide printed notes you can annotate, or you may just prefer to take notes on paper or in a notebook. The best way to decide how to take notes is to try out different methods in the first few lectures. You can probably get all the stationery you need when you get to uni so I wouldn't worry too much about it now. Pro-tip: Ryman's do a 10% student discount, and you don't need the NUS extra card for it.
I'm planning to take computer science and think I'll have about 6 units. I'm bought 2 notebooks but not sure if they use it as often? and do I need to take my laptop for every lecture?

Sorry for silly questions my university isn't that helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
anita21
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Trustno1)
I'm planning to take computer science and think I'll have about 6 units. I'm bought 2 notebooks but not sure if they use it as often? and do I need to take my laptop for every lecture?

Sorry for silly questions my university isn't that helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone's different in how they prefer to take notes, and I find my preferred method varies by course and lecturer, so you won't really know till you start. I recommend showing up to the first lecture for each course with a pen and notepad / paper, and see how that goes.
VexedM8
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by anita21)
Everyone's different in how they prefer to take notes, and I find my preferred method varies by course and lecturer, so you won't really know till you start. I recommend showing up to the first lecture for each course with a pen and notepad / paper, and see how that goes.
Thank you!

I'll probably be taking notes down with a laptop to be honest, my handwriting is awful and I'm not a fast writer at all but I can type stupidly quick, let's hope ey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (68)
66.02%
No (26)
25.24%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.74%

Watched Threads