What specific areas of criminal law does this question fall into?

Watch this thread
jackx31
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Seen Case Study

Lady Penelope, the owner of Chuggington Manor, has been harassed for several months by Hugh, a disgruntled former employee. Initially, Hugh sent offensive letters to Lady Penelope, but recently he has also taken to making silent phone calls. Lady Penelope has suffered from severe anxiety as a result of Hugh’s campaign of harassment.
On one occasion, Hugh visited the Manor on a day that it was open to the public. While there, Hugh took a photo album belonging to Lady Penelope. He hid the album in his rucksack, hoping to copy the photos and return them. He also picked up an ornament, intending to steal it, but was spotted by Eli, a security guard, and asked to leave the property. Hugh smashed the ornament over Eli’s head and ran out of the property. Eli started to bleed profusely, and an ambulance was called for him. On his arrival at hospital, Eli needed a blood transfusion but refused treatment due to a phobia of needles. He died as a consequence.
Meanwhile, Robert, who worked as a gardener in the grounds of the Manor, saw Hugh fleeing from the house. He chased after Hugh, but fell on his rake, sustaining a nasty gash to his leg. Hugh stopped running, picked up Robert’s chainsaw and started it, intending to chop off Robert’s head, when he was tackled to the ground by several members of the public.
Greg, a junior house doctor, working in an Accident and Emergency department of a local hospital, turned up drunk to work on the day that Robert was brought in for treatment on the gash on his leg. Greg injected Robert with a lethal dose of diamorphine, and Robert died as a result.
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Except for sexual offences, I think that covers the whole syllabus.
Cutmeloose
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jackx31)
Seen Case Study
Lady Penelope, the owner of Chuggington Manor, has been harassed for several months by Hugh, a disgruntled former employee. Initially, Hugh sent offensive letters to Lady Penelope, but recently he has also taken to making silent phone calls. Lady Penelope has suffered from severe anxiety as a result of Hugh’s campaign of harassment.
Looking at things like assault, the case of R v Ireland.

On one occasion, Hugh visited the Manor on a day that it was open to the public. While there, Hugh took a photo album belonging to Lady Penelope. He hid the album in his rucksack, hoping to copy the photos and return them. He also picked up an ornament, intending to steal it,
Theft. Run through the actus reus/mens rea for theft/use cases.

but was spotted by Eli, a security guard, and asked to leave the property. Hugh smashed the ornament over Eli’s head and ran out of the property. Eli started to bleed profusely, and an ambulance was called for him. On his arrival at hospital, Eli needed a blood transfusion but refused treatment due to a phobia of needles. He died as a consequence.
This is likely to be manslaughter. Use the thin skull rule and look at R v Blaue. It may possibly be murder, but it'll be down to the jury to infer whether they felt he intended to cause grievous bodily harm/death..

Meanwhile, Robert, who worked as a gardener in the grounds of the Manor, saw Hugh fleeing from the house. He chased after Hugh, but fell on his rake, sustaining a nasty gash to his leg. Hugh stopped running, picked up Robert’s chainsaw and started it, intending to chop off Robert’s head, when he was tackled to the ground by several members of the public.
Attempted Murder

Greg, a junior house doctor, working in an Accident and Emergency department of a local hospital, turned up drunk to work on the day that Robert was brought in for treatment on the gash on his leg. Greg injected Robert with a lethal dose of diamorphine, and Robert died as a result.
Goes into manslaughter, most likely to be gross negligence manslaughter (R v Adomako)

Is this stuff going to be in your exam? (i.e stuff you've already ​seen)?
jackx31
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Cutmeloose)
Looking at things like assault, the case of R v Ireland.

Theft. Run through the actus reus/mens rea for theft/use cases.

This is likely to be manslaughter. Use the thin skull rule and look at R v Blaue. It may possibly be murder, but it'll be down to the jury to infer whether they felt he intended to cause grievous bodily harm/death..

Attempted Murder

Goes into manslaughter, most likely to be gross negligence manslaughter (R v Adomako)

Is this stuff going to be in your exam? (i.e stuff you've already ​seen)?
Yeah, it's my case study for my exam question, thank you for your help!
Cutmeloose
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, it's my case study for my exam question, thank you for your help!
Ah you lucky bugger, which I had that luxury
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Seen Case Study

I would be looking at these phrases as red flags.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (26)
17.93%
The paper was reasonable (65)
44.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (24)
16.55%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
20.69%

Watched Threads